cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Eagle Scout (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5459)

creekster 12-11-2006 04:34 PM

Eagle Scout

Just thought I would mention that we had the Eagle court of honor for my son last night. Very nice. I was very proud. Like many things, he was glad that he did it, even though during the process he wasn't sure it was worth it or whether he would finish it.

I have mixed feelings about scouting and its affiliation with the LDS church, but last night I was the typical proud father.

il Padrino Ute 12-11-2006 04:57 PM

Congrats to your son. Attaining the rank of Eagle Scout is never a bad thing.

hyrum 12-11-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 48519)
Just thought I would mention that we had the Eagle court of honor for my son last night. Very nice. I was very proud. Like many things, he was glad that he did it, even though during the process he wasn't sure it was worth it or whether he would finish it.

I have mixed feelings about scouting and its affiliation with the LDS church, but last night I was the typical proud father.

Congrats!!

Jeff Lebowski 12-11-2006 05:19 PM

Congrats.

I just have one more to go. Anyone have any good ideas for an Eagle project?

MikeWaters 12-11-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 48529)
Congrats.

Bluebird boxes, construction, placement, maintenance plan.

BarbaraGordon 12-11-2006 05:48 PM

Creekster:
Congrats. The Gold Award is hard enough, I imagine Eagle Scout is truly an accomplishment.

Jeff:
Wheelchair accessiblity is always an option.

You can either find someplace that needs a ramp and build one, researching code guidelines, ADA compliance etc.

Or, you can find a place that is advertised as accessible (local parks are a possibility), and check for damaged sidewalks and any branches, weeds, that are impeding access. It is not uncommon for cities to create accessibility but never update.

il Padrino Ute 12-12-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 48529)
Congrats.

Dude - you're in Utah. It needs to be the usual Utah thing:

Paint fire hydrants.

Jeff Lebowski 12-12-2006 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 48610)
Dude - you're in Utah. It needs to be the usual Utah thing:

Paint fire hydrants.

The actual hydrants or the little stenciled hydrants in the road so that the firemen don't need to look left or right?

il Padrino Ute 12-12-2006 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 48617)
The actual hydrants or the little stenciled hydrants in the road so that the firemen don't need to look left or right?

I was talking about the actual hydrants; however, the stenciled ones wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jeff Lebowski 12-12-2006 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 48619)
I was talking about the actual hydrants; however, the stenciled ones wouldn't be a bad idea.

Some boy did that in our neighborhood.

I knew another kid that cleaned up the weeds in front of some property that his father had just purchased. There's somthing he can always look back on with a sense of pride, eh?