cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Austin's foremost contribution to mankind (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8449)

BarbaraGordon 05-18-2007 09:43 PM

Austin's foremost contribution to mankind

Schlotzsky's

mmm...Schlotzsky's

Thank you, Texas.

FarrahWaters 05-19-2007 12:02 PM

Oh.. I thought you were going to say Matthew McConaghey.

BarbaraGordon 05-19-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 83209)
Oh.. I thought you were going to say Matthew McConaghey.

It was a close call. Matt is pretty yummy, but even so I'm not sure I'd put him in the food forum. :)

Jeff Lebowski 05-19-2007 04:11 PM

Ah yes. I miss Schlotzsky's.

il Padrino Ute 05-19-2007 05:32 PM

Is this a parent company of Schlotzsky Delis that are franchised and scattered about the country?

BarbaraGordon 05-19-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 83235)
Is this a parent company of Schlotzsky Delis that are franchised and scattered about the country?

If I'm not mistaken, the original Schlotzsky's is in Austin.

We've had one here since I was a little kid. They used to sell an enormous version of the original, and when I was maybe five or so we would buy one giant sandwich to feed the whole family.

YOhio 05-22-2007 03:30 AM

I like Schlotzsky's a lot. In 2004 they filed Chapter 11 and they cut down a number of their restaurants. Unfortunately this included a few in South-Central Ohio so I am currently Schlotzsky-less.

BarbaraGordon 05-22-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 83737)
I like Schlotzsky's a lot. In 2004 they filed Chapter 11 and they cut down a number of their restaurants. Unfortunately this included a few in South-Central Ohio so I am currently Schlotzsky-less.

That my friend (and I continue to use that term in spite of your duplicitousness in revealing to Flash all my secrets!!!) is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

YOhio 05-22-2007 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 83742)
That my friend (and I continue to use that term in spite of your duplicitousness in revealing to Flash all my secrets!!!) is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

It is sad, but I shall overcome. I have a Hardee's near my office.

il Padrino Ute 05-22-2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 83742)

First, I want to commend you on the use of the word duplicitousness. A sesquipedalian vocabulary isn't just a way to communicate - it's a way of life. Well done, Batgirl.

As for Scholtzsky's, there are a number of them here in the SLC are and I do like what I've tried; however, I still prefer a few local places here:

Granato's and Grove Market.

Granato's is like stepping into a deli/grocery store in Italy and the sandwiches are the best in town, IMO. The best would be either a salami Calabrese and fresh mozzarella or the mortadella and swiss. Both served on a hard Italian roll and if you want to ruin it with condiments you can, though if Frank Granato heard you ask for it, he'd kindly suggest that you not insult Italy and it's food.

Grove Market is famous for it's sandwich that consists of whatever you want to have on it between two halves of a loaf of French bread. The sheer quantity of the sandwich is what makes it awesome.