cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   dang, there goes my running for a little while (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9411)

ewth8tr 06-26-2007 12:52 PM

dang, there goes my running for a little while

I normally run 3 miles every morning, but last Saturday I decided to push myself and ran 10. I felt great until Saturday evening and started to have a sharp pain on the side of my foot. I iced it and took it easy the rest of the weekend, hoping it would go away, but it was still hurting whenever I put any weight on it yesterday. I took some ibuprofen and still ran yesterday, but I was paying for it later. I'm going to go see a sports medicine Dr, but from what I have found online, it seems like peroneal tendinitis since the pain it right where the peroneal tendon attaches to the bone on my foot. This sucks. :(

Archaea 06-26-2007 01:11 PM

Hope this gets better. You didn't have to take my request for your team to take time off that seriously. We're struggling this week and with VV on your team, there's no chance of us catching up.

MikeWaters 06-26-2007 01:24 PM

time to take up biking.

Runner Coug 06-26-2007 02:58 PM

Hope it gets better soon h8tr. Let us know what the doc says.

ewth8tr 06-26-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 94053)
time to take up biking.

yeah, but then would I have to wear those gay spandex outfits? :p

MikeWaters 06-26-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 94096)

Yes. but keep your peter pan suit in the closet.

Archaea 06-26-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 94096)

Well only real men can wear the spandex, so we understand why you wouldn't want to be shown up.

ewth8tr 06-26-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 94104)
Well only real men can wear the spandex, so we understand why you wouldn't want to be shown up.

there is a difference between being able to wear the spandex and being willing to wear the spandex. :)

Archaea 06-26-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 94113)
there is a difference between being able to wear the spandex and being willing to wear the spandex. :)

Just don't get better until next week. BTW, could you ask Viper to take the week off so that we don't get completely dusted by Yellow Snow?

il Padrino Ute 06-26-2007 03:28 PM

I'm supposed to wear spandex?

I guess I ought to stop riding in the shorts I wear when I play basketball, eh? Next, you'll be telling me I'm not supposed to wear flip-flops.