cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Scout camp 2009 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20465)

MikeWaters 06-26-2008 05:15 PM

Scout camp 2009

I have let my bishopric know that if I can't get the deposit from the ward or through the committee that we will not plan on going to camp in 2009. That the boys can try to join other LDS troops as provisional scouts.

Is what I said inappropriate?

myboynoah 06-26-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 235187)
I have let my bishopric know that if I can't get the deposit from the ward or through the committee that we will not plan on going to camp in 2009. That the boys can try to join other LDS troops as provisional scouts.

Is what I said inappropriate?

The content seems okay, I just wonder about how you said it.

Didn't you say the deposit was only $100? The ward can't come up with $100?

MikeWaters 06-26-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 235221)
The content seems okay, I just wonder about how you said it.

Didn't you say the deposit was only $100? The ward can't come up with $100?

They could come up with it if they wanted to. If they don't want to, I'm spelling out what I think will happen.

And what I haven't said, but intend, is that if summer camp isn't in June, I won't be going. I've emphasized that it is important to be in June, and this is time sensitive.

I don't want to pay the $100 because I will probably have moved before they pay me back.

myboynoah 06-26-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 235225)
They could come up with it if they wanted to. If they don't want to, I'm spelling out what I think will happen.

And what I haven't said, but intend, is that if summer camp isn't in June, I won't be going. I've emphasized that it is important to be in June, and this is time sensitive.

I don't want to pay the $100 because I will probably have moved before they pay me back.

I wouldn't pay the $100 either. Don't you have a say in when camp is? You are the SM afterall. Our ward does it in June.

MikeWaters 06-26-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 235230)
I wouldn't pay the $100 either. Don't you have a say in when camp is? You are the SM afterall. Our ward does it in June.

I only have a say if there is a spot available at the time I want it.

If there are no June spots left, I have no option for June.

splitbamboo 06-26-2008 08:21 PM

We just roll our deposit every year. Make the families pay the full amount due as if the deposit weren't there.

I'm not sure how it got started, but it makes the process much easier...

bluegoose 06-30-2008 05:14 AM

We've had our 2009 deposit in for 2 years now. Cherry Valley on Catalina Island. There is about a 3 year waiting list to go. I hope its worth it. It is some serious $$.

FMCoug 06-30-2008 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 236168)
We've had our 2009 deposit in for 2 years now. Cherry Valley on Catalina Island. There is about a 3 year waiting list to go. I hope its worth it. It is some serious $$.

I worked a summer on the waterfront at Cherry Valley when I was 16. It is well worth it. At least it was then.