cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wishing all well (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2795)

Archaea 06-22-2006 03:18 AM

Wishing all well

as yours truly will be endeavoring his second and hopefully last Ironman this weekend.

Feeling undertrained, I'm apprehensive about the run, but that's why we run them.

I'll give a report if anybody outside of my immediate family is interested.

You can follow progression of the two Ironman races via the internet at www.ironmanlive.com. There will be one in Nice, France and one in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

They're all day affairs so interested parties, if any such person exists here, can check back all day long.

creekster 06-22-2006 03:26 AM

good luck. Do we need a race number or anything like that to follow you?

Archaea 06-22-2006 03:39 AM

No just my name and age, which you have creekster.

It won't be hard to figure, old guy from Henderson, Nevada. Guy hobbling in long after winners retire to their beds.

Jeff Lebowski 06-22-2006 04:13 AM

Wow. I'm in awe.

Good luck!

Cali Coug 06-22-2006 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea
as yours truly will be endeavoring his second and hopefully last Ironman this weekend.

Feeling undertrained, I'm apprehensive about the run, but that's why we run them.

I'll give a report if anybody outside of my immediate family is interested.

You can follow progression of the two Ironman races via the internet at www.ironmanlive.com. There will be one in Nice, France and one in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

They're all day affairs so interested parties, if any such person exists here, can check back all day long.

Wow- good luck. I would do that if it were a PS2 game...

creekster 06-22-2006 05:16 AM

All I can say is that I talk the talk, but Arch walks, runs, swims and bikes the walk. Ok, that didn't really work but you get the idea.

Good luck and we'll be watching and cyber-rooting (that doesn't really sound so good either. I better stop now).

Archaea 06-22-2006 05:32 AM

I'm just stupider than y'all and have to keep proving it time and time again.

Each race redefines pain.

It is supposed to be pretty there though.

Archaea 06-22-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster
we'll be watching and cyber-rooting (that doesn't really sound so good either. I better stop now).

Cyber-cheer? Just don't make it a Bronx cheer and I promise to avoid as best I can from stinking it up.

If you see a bike time slower than 6, you'll know I had flats and other bike problems. PS, I'm an expert at mechanical bike problems.

SteelBlue 06-22-2006 06:08 AM

Can you boardmail me your name? I'd like to track your progress.

il Padrino Ute 06-22-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea
It is supposed to be pretty there though.

It's a great place to play golf. But for an ironman? Not for me.

Good luck to you.

Can I have your watch when you are dead?