cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   That sucked (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17057)

YOhio 02-24-2008 05:07 AM

That sucked

What a crappy way to finish a game.

A-Train 02-24-2008 05:12 AM

Plaisted was absolutely terrible. He has no heart and was completely invisible out there. I hope Rose goes Boylan regarding the reffing situation. Tavarnari was fouled on that 3 pointer and the foul on Cummard was ticky tack. That said, we lost because Plaisted cannot make a 2 foot bunny.

Where are the people thinking that stiff will be a lottery pick? He won't even get drafted. He has no touch around the rim and he should have dominated against a team who had no height but instead let some freshman on SDSU show him inside the paint.

exUte 02-24-2008 05:20 AM

What is TP's vertical?

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Train (Post 188568)
Plaisted was absolutely terrible. He has no heart and was completely invisible out there. I hope Rose goes Boylan regarding the reffing situation. Tavarnari was fouled on that 3 pointer and the foul on Cummard was ticky tack. That said, we lost because Plaisted cannot make a 2 foot bunny.

Where are the people thinking that stiff will be a lottery pick? He won't even get drafted. He has no touch around the rim and he should have dominated against a team who had no height but instead let some freshman on SDSU show him inside the paint.

6"? Guy is horrible, he doesn't shoot the ball, he throws the ball. I would play an inside out game. Don't let TP shoot unless he has a sure dunk. He won't make the layup or the FT's.

livecoug 02-24-2008 05:21 AM

Seriously. BYU blew a major opportunity tonight. They needed a split in the SDSU/UNM roadie and this was a great chance. This will hurt.

smokymountainrain 02-24-2008 05:28 AM

Hard to win tough road games against decent teams when you can pretty much pencil in, prior to tip off, the fact that you will get nothing from your starting point guard.

Oh yeah, but he doesn't turn the ball over.

woot 02-24-2008 05:30 AM

Plaisted is a pussy just like Araujo was a pussy. If you're near 7 feet talk with at least decent athletic ability, yet still refuse to even attempt to dunk unless you're all by yourself, you're a pussy. Both of those guys have this problem.

Plaisted also missed a bunch of very short hooks, but that happens sometimes. The refusal to dunk is inexcusable.

NorCal Cat 02-24-2008 05:45 AM

The 30 to 6 discrepancy in FT attempts didn't help either.

Brian 02-24-2008 01:41 PM

Any anyone thinks this team will win a game in the tourney?

Goatnapper'96 02-24-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 188580)
Any anyone thinks this team will win a game in the tourney?

I still do.

ute4ever 02-24-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 188580)
Anyone think this team will win a game in the tourney?

MWC or NCAA?

There is an interesting phenomenon that I've noticed over the years, where all of January and February is filled with talk of RPI, projected seeds, opponent comparison, etc., day in and day out. Building the hype. Trashing the opposing fan bases. Bestowing a phantom coronation.

And then in less then two hours on a Thursday in mid-March, it all comes to a fast end.

Two months of smack for THAT?