cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Five Guys opens in SLC (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20360)

UtahDan 06-21-2008 09:39 AM

Five Guys opens in SLC

Just thought some of you might like to know that you now have the best burgers in the universe in your town.

il Padrino Ute 06-21-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 233647)
Just thought some of you might like to know that you now have the best burgers in the universe in your town.

I have no idea what you mean by "now you have the best burgers in the universe in your town" as Crown Burger has always been here.

Solon 06-24-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233670)
I have no idea what you mean by "now you have the best burgers in the universe in your town" as Crown Burger has always been here.

Five Guys is great. My wife and I used to go to the one in Alexandria, Va. (King Street) all the time when we were dating. Now, we go to the one in town (about a year old). Good times.

RockyBalboa 06-24-2008 01:08 AM

It was good, but nothing to freak out about.

Fuddruckers is better.

FMCoug 06-24-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 233670)

Havent' been to five guys yet but Crown Burgers are "okay". Nothing to write home about. And their fries positively suck.

TripletDaddy 06-24-2008 01:22 AM

When I lived in the 'Tah, I enjoyed Brand X Burgers (although the name was misleading...there was no sex or nudity involved at all). It was located in Springville right off the hwy.

FMCoug 06-24-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 234042)
When I lived in the 'Tah, I enjoyed Brand X Burgers (although the name was misleading...there was no sex or nudity involved at all). It was located in Springville right off the hwy.

Considering Springville is an hour from where I work and will be even more from where I will live, I can't imagine a burger worth driving that far for that doesn't have scriptures on the cups.

TripletDaddy 06-24-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 234043)
Considering Springville is an hour from where I work and will be even more from where I will live, I can't imagine a burger worth driving that far for that doesn't have scriptures on the cups.

It isnt worth an hour's drive. I lived in Provo and drove about 10 minutes to get there. That was plenty.

Try Lone Star Taqueria in Fort Union (I think).....Rocky can give you the address. that place was a nice lunch and they grill jalapenos for you, which is always appreciated for a burrito.

Note: it is not TexMex, so adjust expectations accordingly.

BigFatMeanie 06-24-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 234039)
Havent' been to five guys yet but Crown Burgers are "okay". Nothing to write home about. And their fries positively suck.

I agree with you that Crown Burgers are "okay" ("okay" meaning "good but nothing to write home about") but to say their fries positively suck is just plain wrong man. Don't tell me - you like "shoestring" fries? Hmmphh - sissy. You Texans have been eating at McDonalds too much. Shoestring fries are for kids.

Also, what other place has fry sauce along with ketchup in the pump dispensers?

BigFatMeanie 06-24-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 234048)
It isnt worth an hour's drive. I lived in Provo and drove about 10 minutes to get there. That was plenty.

Try Lone Star Taqueria in Fort Union (I think).....Rocky can give you the address. that place was a nice lunch and they grill jalapenos for you, which is always appreciated for a burrito.

Note: it is not TexMex, so adjust expectations accordingly.

Isn't that the place with the shark fin on top of the station wagon? If so, they make very nice fish tacos.