cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Utah Fly Fishing 7-21 to 7-27 time frame... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3009)

The_Tick 07-07-2006 03:30 PM

Utah Fly Fishing 7-21 to 7-27 time frame...

Hey,

This is going to be the 2nd week of my Utah vacation. Instead of forking out 300.00 for a guide I was thinking about hanging out with a fellow Cougar fan for a day of fishing/knowledge.

Interested?

fusnik11 07-07-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Tick
Hey,

This is going to be the 2nd week of my Utah vacation. Instead of forking out 300.00 for a guide I was thinking about hanging out with a fellow Cougar fan for a day of fishing/knowledge.

Interested?

I wish I could dude, that sounds like a blast, fortunately my rod will be in use elsewhere.

Nobody Special 07-15-2006 05:38 AM

Which part of the state are you going to be in?

The_Tick 07-17-2006 05:18 AM

Layton, SLC, Park City

But gas is cheap here so I am willing to travel...

fusnik11 07-17-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Layton, SLC, Park City

But gas is cheap here so I am willing to travel...

You in Layton right now?

The_Tick 07-17-2006 03:42 PM

Yup.

I think we are going to head up to Logan today and check the scene out there.

And going to get some Winger wings I think.....

fusnik11 07-17-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Yup.

I think we are going to head up to Logan today and check the scene out there.

And going to get some Winger wings I think.....

The best wings in Utah are in Ogden.

Let me think about things you need to do in Logan, The Blue Bird Cafe is always visited by some. You could stop at Maddox Fried Chicken and pick you up some turkey steaks and bison meat. You could go to the cheese processing plant up in Logan and buy discounted cheese curds. Logan has a Winger's on the north side of town.

Not much to do up there, but in Ogden there are plenty of things to do.

il Padrino Ute 07-17-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusnik11
Not much to do up there, but in Ogden there are plenty of things to do.

There is some terrific fly fishing on the Logan River. Anywhere in Logan Canyon is good for hiking. Good call on the Blue Bird Cafe and Maddox (in Brigham City).

I suppose I can see you saying there isn't much to do in Logan, as Logan is to Ogden what Ogden is to Salt Lake. ;)

fusnik11 07-17-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
There is some terrific fly fishing on the Logan River. Anywhere in Logan Canyon is good for hiking. Good call on the Blue Bird Cafe and Maddox (in Brigham City).

I suppose I can see you saying there isn't much to do in Logan, as Logan is to Ogden what Ogden is to Salt Lake. ;)

Ha, ha, so, so true.

There is some good fly fishing on the Logan, and there are some wonderfully beautiful places to hike up Logan Canyon, that is of course if you are not afraid of bears.

Logan is a happening place these days, they even got a Ruby Tuesday before Ogden.

Nobody Special 07-22-2006 02:00 AM

Heading for the Logan on Saturday afternoon. Heard that the river is great right now.

They are eating about anything you throw at them.

And the fried chicken is the best part of Maddox. Atleast the drive up.

And while in Brigham you can go to Peach City and get yourself a good olde fashioned grease burger. Best one in town.