cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hi I'm K-dog (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13374)

MikeWaters 11-07-2007 07:57 PM

Im going to be a tragic figure like Gorbachev. The chaos of Glasnost will lead to longing for the good ol days of Stalin, where despite state murder, everyone at least had Funky Fridays and Office quotes.

K-dog 11-07-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147210)
That's how it always works in authoritarian regimes. I bet Jefe has a nice dacha somewhere paid for by the sweat of the CB masses, including the ones he's exterminated.

Jefe and I have traditionally gotten along well but this last one stuck in my craw for some reason. I have been known to have 1 week suspensions die in the first 12 hours but I just got tired of the rapid increase of rules and pseudo rules.

SeattleUte 11-07-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 147212)
Im going to be a tragic figure like Gorbachev. The chaos of Glasnost will lead to longing for the good ol days of Stalin, where despite state murder, everyone at least had Funky Fridays and Office quotes.

"Men rejoice at being led like cattle again, with the terrible gift of freedom that brought them so much suffering removed from them . . . . We will convince them that they will only be free when they have surrendered their freedom and submitted to us . . . . Freedom, free thought, and science will lead them into such straits and will bring them face to face with such marvels and insoluble mysteries, that some of them, the fierce and rebellious, will destroy themselves, others, rebellious but weak, will destroy one another, while the rest, weak and unhappy, will crawl fawning to our feet and whine to us: 'Yes, you were right, you alone possess His mystery, and we come back to you, save us from ourselves!'"

MikeWaters 11-07-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147259)
"Men rejoice at being led like cattle again, with the terrible gift of freedom that brought them so much suffering removed from them . . . . We will convince them that they will only be free when they have surrendered their freedom and submitted to us . . . . Freedom, free thought, and science will lead them into such straits and will bring them face to face with such marvels and insoluble mysteries, that some of them, the fierce and rebellious, will destroy themselves, others, rebellious but weak, will destroy one another, while the rest, weak and unhappy, will crawl fawning to our feet and whine to us: 'Yes, you were right, you alone possess His mystery, and we come back to you, save us from ourselves!'"

Luckily everyone knows that I alone possess the mystery.

tooblue 11-07-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 147259)

And what of the valiant?