cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utah beatdown (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28060)

MikeWaters 09-18-2011 12:00 PM

Utah beatdown

Utah gets invited to the PAC. A scorned BYU takes out its anger by going independent. And now finally the game to settle the score.

Thanks, Bronco, for delivering, LOL.

That reminded me of some of the Crowton games. Complete buffoonery on the field with players giving up during the game.

No worries, I'm sure we'll be able to turn it around against the bottom half of the WAC. Jake Heaps will start looking good then. And Josh Quezada might even get 50 yards in a game.

We are now officially in Utah's rearview mirror and so far away we can hardly be seen.

It was a historic moment with KW turned down BYU. It's pretty clear to me which school got the better coach. And which got the better firesides. I'm not sure BM even likes being a coach. He makes statements to that effect all the time.

Archaea 09-18-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 314543)
Utah gets invited to the PAC. A scorned BYU takes out its anger by going independent. And now finally the game to settle the score.

Thanks, Bronco, for delivering, LOL.

That reminded me of some of the Crowton games. Complete buffoonery on the field with players giving up during the game.

No worries, I'm sure we'll be able to turn it around against the bottom half of the WAC. Jake Heaps will start looking good then. And Josh Quezada might even get 50 yards in a game.

We are now officially in Utah's rearview mirror and so far away we can hardly be seen.

It was a historic moment with KW turned down BYU. It's pretty clear to me which school got the better coach. And which got the better firesides. I'm not sure BM even likes being a coach. He makes statements to that effect all the time.

I don't like him being coach.

We needed to pull a Spencer Kimball and have the prophet call him as football coach so he couldn't turn us down. BYU has become irrelevant.

Ken Nuimalatalo (sp?) may be able to restore us to a semblance of respectability. Look what he does with Navy.

ChinoCoug 09-19-2011 01:53 PM

We should stop playing Utah. They play their guts out whenever they face us, and unless we are leaps and bounds better than they, it's not even close. And when we do beat them, the gains are minimal.

It's not in our interest to keep playing them.

ChinoCoug 09-19-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 314544)
I don't like him being coach.

We needed to pull a Spencer Kimball and have the prophet call him as football coach so he couldn't turn us down. BYU has become irrelevant.

Ken Nuimalatalo (sp?) may be able to restore us to a semblance of respectability. Look what he does with Navy.

You do realize Niumatulolo is a firesides person as well, right?

Archaea 09-19-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 314546)
We should stop playing Utah. They play their guts out whenever they face us, and unless we are leaps and bounds better than they, it's not even close. And when we do beat them, the gains are minimal.

It's not in our interest to keep playing them.

I disagree. They play their guts whenever they play because that's how Whit has coached them.

Archaea 09-19-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinoCoug (Post 314547)
You do realize Niumatulolo is a firesides person as well, right?

On second thought, Mike Leach anybody?

ChinoCoug 09-19-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 314548)
I disagree. They play their guts whenever they play because that's how Whit has coached them.

Whit is not the better coach. Bronco has been much more consistent. You all are imputing cosmic meaning to one game.

MikeWaters 09-19-2011 04:26 PM

I do believe as well that K. Whittingham is a better coach. You hear his name much more in terms of rumors of offers at other schools. His guys are gamers.

I've seen too many games where Bronco is out-schemed to have any confidence that he is an elite-level coach.

Having said that, I think it would take three consecutive losing seasons for him to be forced out.

ChinoCoug 09-19-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 314551)
I do believe as well that K. Whittingham is a better coach. You hear his name much more in terms of rumors of offers at other schools. His guys are gamers.

I've seen too many games where Bronco is out-schemed to have any confidence that he is an elite-level coach.

Having said that, I think it would take three consecutive losing seasons for him to be forced out.

Bronco has had Nebraska, UCLA, and Tennessee, I'm not aware of Whit's offers.

This is easily settled with a regression. If my HW ever dies down I'll run one.

MikeWaters 09-19-2011 07:34 PM

head-to-head, overall record, bowl record, ranking at end of season, players drafted in the NFL