cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bright Side of a Blowout (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23713)

BlueHair 10-17-2008 02:49 AM

Bright Side of a Blowout

On a positive note:
  • Defense exposed as a fraud. This will allow BYU to stop believing they can get by on righteous living. They will need to not just recruit good kids, but good kids with talent. Our linebackers and secondary (other than Nixon) are not good.
  • Hall will realize that he can't decide who he is going to throw to before the snap. He needs to go through his progressions.
  • The offense will realize they need some quick hitting run plays.
  • Hopefully they will understand they need to spend the night before they game preparing for the game instead of doing those firesides. Especially on a short week.
  • We will be spared the embarrassment of playing a good team in a bowl game. Can you imagine playing Florida or Georgia?
  • We won't have to worry about Hall leaving early for the NFL.
  • The arrogance level will drop.
  • We won't have to listen to the retards talk about BYU playing for the national title.

TripletDaddy 10-17-2008 02:51 AM

Also....creates another spot for SC to jump up!

landpoke 10-17-2008 02:57 AM

Don't forget the spectacular fanbase implosion.

Schadenfreude, along with bourbon it's what's for dinner.

BarbaraGordon 10-17-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 280333)
Also....creates another spot for SC to jump up!

SC is already ahead of BYU. For some incomprehensible reason you're ahead of Oklahoma. Heck, at this rate if you just get past Washington and Arizona you'll be a consensus #1.

TripletDaddy 10-17-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 280335)
Don't forget the spectacular fanbase implosion.

Schadenfreude, along with bourbon it's what's for dinner.

I have never understood this. I agree with you, but I just don't get BYU fans and their manic/depressive behavior.

It is either doom and gloom about how awful we are.....or we are so good that we are hypothetically beating all the best teams on neutral fields, our players may leave early for the NFL, etc..

It is a loss. Move on to the next game and get excited for that one.

Landpoke does it week after week. We can surely do it once or twice a season.

TripletDaddy 10-17-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 280342)
SC is already ahead of BYU. For some incomprehensible reason you're ahead of Oklahoma. Heck, at this rate if you just get past Washington and Arizona you'll be a consensus #1.

bitter.

landpoke 10-17-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 280343)
I have never understood this. I agree with you, but I just don't get BYU fans and their manic/depressive behavior.

It is either doom and gloom about how awful we are.....or we are so good that we are hypothetically beating all the best teams on neutral fields, our players may leave early for the NFL, etc..

It is a loss. Move on to the next game and get excited for that one.

I suspect it has something to do with you people's belief about your place in the order of things.

BarbaraGordon 10-17-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 280345)
bitter.

absolutely.

TripletDaddy 10-17-2008 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 280348)
I suspect it has something to do with you people's belief about your place in the order of things.

You could be right.

We believe the last shall be first.

landpoke 10-17-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 280343)

The trick is booze and not deriving one's self esteem from the sports teams one follows. But mostly booze.