cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What does everybody do for work? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17864)

Colly Wolly 03-20-2008 01:23 AM

What does everybody do for work?

Saw a thread like this on another board and thought it was interesting. Share if you feel like it.

I work in Operations for a Wall Street firm.

Mormon Red Death 03-20-2008 01:30 AM

I work in Finance for Health care Consulting/Business Provider Org.

I manage the revenue cycle finance of 12 hospitals

ute4ever 03-20-2008 02:12 AM

I appraise real estate. Fortunately, presently there is as much work as I want. I've been working 60 hours a week to make extra $$, which I really need right now.

Also as an independent contractor, I can take a day or a week off whenever I want, and work at my own pace.

I also like that as I drive to each home, I can listen to whatever I want: NPR, ESPN Radio, iPod, General Conference, etc., and not some cussing, crude co-workers. Take lunch whenever and for as long as I want, etc.

YOhio 03-20-2008 03:01 AM

I'm an independent distributor for Xango Juice, Neways and Living Scriptures.

Surfah 03-20-2008 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 200406)
I'm an independent distributor for Xango Juice, Neways and Living Scriptures.

You've got mail.

UtahDan 03-20-2008 03:16 AM

I and every other poster on this board save the previous four are lawyers.

Clark Addison 03-20-2008 11:56 AM

Marketing and risk strategies for the credit card division of a major bank.

A couple of years ago, my group's main job was determining strategies for mailing out over 50 million pre-approved credit card offers every month (that's over half a billion a year for you English majors), as well as about 20 million telemarketing calls. I liked to describe myself as the most hated man in America. Odds are, most of you received an offer or phone call that I had a hand in. Sorry about that.

I'm out of the DM side now.

tooblue 03-20-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 200379)
Saw a thread like this on another board and thought it was interesting. Share if you feel like it.

I work in Operations for a Wall Street firm.

I indoctrinate young adults.

DrumNFeather 03-20-2008 12:37 PM

I do Electronic Marketing for a Training, Publications, & Professional Services company outside D.C. I've been working the last 8 months on the new corporate website...it has been a nightmare.

BYU71 03-20-2008 02:29 PM

I am a Vice-President Financial Consultant. That is what it says on my card.

Note: I am not looking for any clients from this board. If you have time to post on here you probably don't have enough money to meet my minimums.