cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Heart rate monitor at Woot (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19060)

UteStar 05-02-2008 05:17 PM

Heart rate monitor at Woot

If any of you are looking for a heart rate monitor, they are selling a Reebok one at Woot. It looks decent and has gotten decent reviews, though I have no idea how quality it is. $25 covers the monitor, watch and shipping. Good for today at www.woot.com

TripletDaddy 05-02-2008 05:20 PM

That pie slicer completely tapped me out. No more online purchases for me for awhile.

UteStar 05-02-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 216559)
That pie slicer completely tapped me out. No more online purchases for me for awhile.

I held off on getting the pie slicer for this reason alone...this allowed me to purchase 350 heart rate monitors which is almost enough to just throw one of these away a day after each use.

TripletDaddy 05-02-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 216563)
I held off on getting the pie slicer for this reason alone...this allowed me to purchase 350 heart rate monitors which is almost enough to just throw one of these away a day after each use.

For what it's worth, the pie slicer was a bust. The slices are too thin. We prefer our slices to be a bit bigger.

That thing is now in my garage collecting dust.

UteStar 05-02-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 216580)
For what it's worth, the pie slicer was a bust. The slices are too thin. We prefer our slices to be a bit bigger.

That thing is now in my garage collecting dust.

Did you buy the $2500 pie slicer or the $1750 one? Reason I ask is that the $2500 one allows you to adjust the cutters to give you bigger slices. The $1750 one has only one preset cut and that is for slices that measure out to an eighth of an inch slice. Yeah, really small...but I guess it is a valuable lesson for you to learn, you get what you pay for.

TripletDaddy 05-02-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 216587)
Did you buy the $2500 pie slicer or the $1750 one? Reason I ask is that the $2500 one allows you to adjust the cutters to give you bigger slices. The $1750 one has only one preset cut and that is for slices that measure out to an eighth of an inch slice. Yeah, really small...but I guess it is a valuable lesson for you to learn, you get what you pay for.

We went cheapo and bought the $1750 pie slicer.

I thought about hedging against losses and using it to cut pizzas, but then I remembered that whenever the pizza is delivered, it is almost always pre-cut.

I only can blame myself because all the reviews on epinions.com were clearly steering me towards the more expensive model.