cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Favorite Running Song? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16364)

cambo 01-30-2008 07:04 PM

Favorite Running Song?

For me, I'd have to say "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. The beat of that song is perfect for running.

I'm curious to hear what everybody else's favorite running song is...

fuegote 01-30-2008 07:14 PM

I love the songs from the Rocky soundtrack, "Gonna Fly Now", "Going the Distance" "Conquest, "War/Fanfare."

Black Eyed Peas: "Pump It"

The Chemical Brothers: "Galvanize"

Kanye West: Stronger

Most anything by Korn (Yes, my guilty little pleasure) and Linkon Park.

bluegoose 01-30-2008 07:59 PM

If I'm feeling pissed off and want to run hard, then its Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit".

If I feel like skipping down Broadway with jazz hands in the air, then its Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now".

creekster 01-30-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 179927)
If I feel like skipping down Broadway with jazz hands in the air, then its Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now".

SO how often does this feeling come over you?

bluegoose 01-30-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 179928)
SO how often does this feeling come over you?

They say the neon lights are bright
On Broadway, on Broadway.
They say there's always magic in the air.
But when you're walking down that street,
And you ain't had enough to eat.
The glitter's all washed off,
And you're nowhere.

They say the girls are something else
On Broadway, on broadway.
But looking at them just gives me the blues.
'Cause how you gonna make some time,
When all you got is one thin dime?
And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes.

They say that I won't last too long
On Broadway, on Broadway.
I'll catch a Greyhound bus, they all say.
Oh, they're dead wrong I know they are,
'Cause I can play this here guitar.
And I won't quit 'till I'm a star
On Broadway, on Broadway

TripletDaddy 01-30-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

If I'm feeling pissed off and want to run hard, then its Linkin Park's "Breaking the Habit".

"I wanna make a supersonic man out of you!"

I have often sung that song to myself to garner confidence in difficult situations, such as right before a big client meeting or prior to giving a priesthood blessing.

bluegoose 01-30-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 179933)
"I wanna make a supersonic man out of you!"

I have often sung that song to myself to garner confidence in difficult situations, such as right before a big client meeting or prior to giving a priesthood blessing.

I once had it stuck in my head during a cycling event on a huge hill climb where having a good song in your head is important, yea, even necessary.

I couldn't remember the words, so for an hour and a half all I heard was "Don't stop me now. Cuz I'm having a good time, having a good time... Don't stop me now. Cuz I'm having a good time, having a good time..."

Well, it got me to the top. I had to be committed the next day, but I made it to the top.

hyrum 01-30-2008 08:28 PM

What about Chariots of Fire? ;)

fuegote 01-30-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Both songs on my running play list.

TripletDaddy 01-30-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 179936)
I once had it stuck in my head during a cycling event on a huge hill climb where having a good song in your head is important, yea, even necessary.

I couldn't remember the words, so for an hour and a half all I heard was "Don't stop me now. Cuz I'm having a good time, having a good time... Don't stop me now. Cuz I'm having a good time, having a good time..."

Well, it got me to the top. I had to be committed the next day, but I made it to the top.

Freddie touched all of us in different ways.

Some of us, he groped.