cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I met a guy today who has 14 plaques (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22913)

Runner Coug 09-26-2008 10:59 PM

I met a guy today who has 14 plaques

from Ironman finishes hanging on his wall, including 4 from Kona.

I felt like a poseur, with my silly little 7 marathons. I was hitting the guy up for advice, big time.

TripletDaddy 09-26-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 270680)

I felt like a poseur, with my silly little 7 marathons. I was hitting the guy up for advice, big time.

Did you tell him you were going to costco tonight to buy salt and eat ice cream?

Runner Coug 09-26-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 270683)
Did you tell him you were going to costco tonight to buy salt and eat ice cream?

I tell no one my dating secrets, he can figure it out for himself.

Archaea 09-27-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 270680)

You should see how it feels when you're at one of those Ironman races, and they start asking you stand, until the last man standing has completed more than fifty.

Even my brother has done twelve with four at Kona. He's signed up for another next year and I didn't have the heart to tell my wife I might get into another. They are a lot of work to train for.

On one of my first centuries, I was riding with this cute girl, and asked her how many centuries she had done, and she responded only twenty but that she was behind because she gave up marathons after running fifty. I thought fifty marathons, no thank you. But her ass was sweet as a result of the work, so maybe she was on to something.

BarbaraGordon 09-27-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 270707)
...I was riding with this cute girl...

I'm beginning to notice a pattern. Do you ever ride with not-cute girls?

landpoke 09-27-2008 04:31 AM

If your standards are low enough most any man or woman can be handsome/cute.

il Padrino Ute 09-27-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 270828)

Would Mickey's be a higher or lower standard than Pabst?

Archaea 09-27-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 270720)
I'm beginning to notice a pattern. Do you ever ride with not-cute girls?

Not if I can help it. If she's not cute, she's not riding with me. A cute ass keeps me motivated.

Archaea 09-27-2008 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 270828)

You would approve of my standards, even though I don't approve of ewes.

Runner Coug 09-28-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 270834)
Not if I can help it. If she's not cute, she's not riding with me. A cute ass keeps me motivated.

Amen. Every race I run I find a woman who looks REALLY good in her running outfit, fall in behind her, and follow her all the way to the finish.