cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Improvement and Real Estate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   swamp cooler is up and working (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20648)

il Padrino Ute 07-08-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 238940)
I just spent a week at the home of my in-laws. they have a swamp cooler.

Swamp coolers suck and are terrible options if you do not plan on being within about 15 feet of the actual machine.

Heaven help you if you are heading to the other side of the house or even down in the basement.

I basically had to sleep on the floor really close to the hallway most nights. It was the only way I could cool down.

Swamp coolers rock. Place it in a strategic location on the roof and get a couple of ceiling fans going and life is good.

Perhaps your in-laws located theirs in a poor spot intentionally as a subtle hint that they'd rather you not visit?

TripletDaddy 07-08-2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 238949)
Swamp coolers rock. Place it in a strategic location on the roof and get a couple of ceiling fans going and life is good.

Perhaps your in-laws located theirs in a poor spot intentionally as a subtle hint that they'd rather you not visit?

You may be onto something there.

When we visit in the winter, it is always freezing in the basement and the heater doesn't work well down there.

Hmm....

il Padrino Ute 07-08-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 238953)
You may be onto something there.

When we visit in the winter, it is always freezing in the basement and the heater doesn't work well down there.

Hmm....

If that's the case, you can hang at my place. The garage is the same temp in summer and winter.

bYuPride 07-08-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 238938)
I dunno. I'm afraid some of the places west of 1080 East along your street will always be dragging down the value of your home.

you talking about the lady who has the light up palm tree and flamingos? i think she's going to be in the better homes magazine pretty soon.

bYuPride 07-08-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 238938)
I do like how you've made it look. But if you wake up some morning and the yard just doesn't look right, don't bother driving down my street. Just give me a call and I'll help you find who really took it.

i don't follow.

il Padrino Ute 07-08-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 238961)
you talking about the lady who has the light up palm tree and flamingos? i think she's going to be in the better homes magazine pretty soon.

She is one of them. And the guy who lives in the house where I thought you lived too.

il Padrino Ute 07-08-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 238963)
i don't follow.

That means I would have "borrowed" your curb appeal.