cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   just curious--avatars (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15482)

RedHeadGal 01-02-2008 07:34 PM

just curious--avatars

So I'm new here and wondering about the trend of booby cheerleaders as avatars. Not meant as a judgmental attack. Seriously just curious what causes one to put that up to represent themselves.

creekster 01-02-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 168897)
So I'm new here and wondering about the trend of booby cheerleaders as avatars. Not meant as a judgmental attack. Seriously just curious what causes one to put that up to represent themselves.

THey are all hopeful that through surgery they can each become their avatar someday. I, for example, am waiting to save more money for facial hair implants to resemble the gibbon in my avatar (it is an ape, btw, not a monkey).

MikeWaters 01-02-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Archaea started it , with a picture of a curvy cyclist.

BYU71 upped the ante.

And there have been several imitators since.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that such avatars would not be allowed on some of the other BYU forums, known to have a heavy hand (no pun intended). So it is a bit like the BYU graduate growing the goatee right after graduation (guilty).

However, some are just immature, some are dirty old men, some have a barren marriage, and maybe some are actually the poster's girlfriend.

MikeWaters 01-02-2008 07:40 PM

If you go to User CP -> edit options

you can turn off avatars. i.e. you won't be able to see any of them, which can be good for work or public environments.

BYU71 01-02-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

I like to have mine to remind me how importatant a nice smile is in helping to make others feel good.

TripletDaddy 01-02-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 168907)
I like to have mine to remind me how importatant a nice smile is in helping to make others feel good.

I enjoy your avatar's smile. She is a fair maiden, to be sure.

However, personal taste compel me to prefer Cambo's smile.

Currently, the most impressive smile is displayed by A-Train, which smile basically beats all others into total submission.

Tex 01-02-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 168905)
If you go to User CP -> edit options

you can turn off avatars. i.e. you won't be able to see any of them, which can be good for work or public environments.

Wow, that's easier than how I did it (using Adblock in Firefox). The excess of top-heavy avatars made browsing the board during work very hazardous.

Mormon Red Death 01-02-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 168903)
Archaea started it , with a picture of a curvy cyclist.

BYU71 upped the ante.

And there have been several imitators since.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that such avatars would not be allowed on some of the other BYU forums, known to have a heavy hand (no pun intended). So it is a bit like the BYU graduate growing the goatee right after graduation (guilty).

However, some are just immature, some are dirty old men, some have a barren marriage, and maybe some are actually the poster's girlfriend.

It was Mormon Red Death who upped the ante!!! Don't give byu71 my glory!

BYU71 01-02-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 168909)
I enjoy your avatar's smile. She is a fair maiden, to be sure.

However, personal taste compel me to prefer Cambo's smile.

Currently, the most impressive smile is displayed by A-Train, which smile basically beats all others into total submission.

Impressive yes, a little too impressive for me. Some smiles are just to big for me to handle, I don't know if they are sincere. They might be, I am just not sure.

smokymountainrain 01-02-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 168907)

I have mine to show me that dreams do come true. Granville Waiters once dreamed that he could play in the NBA and his dream came true. If Gran-freaking-ville Waiters can play in the NBA, I can do anything.