cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kill the wild horses to give ranchers more grass (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20711)

MikeWaters 07-07-2008 06:25 PM

Kill the wild horses to give ranchers more grass

at cut-rate leases on Federal property.

Makes perfect sense.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/wil....ap/index.html

Indy Coug 07-07-2008 06:27 PM

Wild horses suck.

MikeWaters 07-07-2008 06:29 PM

Maybe the feds can get Bono on board:

"Who's going to kill your wild horses?"

SeattleUte 07-07-2008 06:35 PM

Are these native, Nephite horses or European imports? That makes a difference to me.

Indy Coug 07-07-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 238643)
Are these native, Nephite horses or European imports? That makes a difference to me.

Did you hear about the curelom find in the Atacama?

SeattleUte 07-07-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 238645)
Did you hear about the curelom find in the Atacama?

Seriously, Indy has some comic talent. He's very, very dry.

Indy Coug 07-07-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 238651)
Seriously, Indy has some comic talent. He's very, very dry.

Like the Atacama.

Levin 07-07-2008 08:13 PM

I don't understand the animal activists who oppose culling when it actually is in the best interest of the entire ecosystem. Not sure that is the case here, where the roundup of mustangs appears to benefit the cattle rancher; but the true principle remains that death to artificially large animal populations is healthier for ecosystems, and the animal activists who put the welfare of individual animals above the health of the entire ecosystem seem very shortsighted to me.

Deer out here in the East are like rats; they're pests with no surviving natural predators.

As an aside, the range and high country in the West is an absolute mess due to the BLM's subservience to the ranchers. We need to reclaim the natural resource of the highland prairies before they all disappear like our prairies in the plains have.

Indy Coug 07-07-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 238709)
I don't understand the animal activists who oppose culling when it actually is in the best interest of the entire ecosystem. Not sure that is the case here, where the roundup of mustangs appears to benefit the cattle rancher; but the true principle remains that death to artificially large animal populations is healthier for ecosystems, and the animal activists who put the welfare of individual animals above the health of the entire ecosystem seem very shortsighted to me.

Deer out here in the East are like rats; they're pests with no surviving natural predators.

As an aside, the range and high country in the West is an absolute mess due to the BLM's subservience to the ranchers. We need to reclaim the natural resource of the highland prairies before they all disappear like our prairies in the plains have.

If we culled enough humans, there wouldn't be a need to remove prairie land.

SeattleUte 07-07-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 238709)

They're nihilists. Their attitude is, "America, you've fucked up the ecosystem so totally beyond repair or redemption that to go out slaughtering animals to fix it is just obscene and pointless. Everything is doomed anyway." That was the attitude when the California sea lioins were pigging out on and wiping out the steelhead run behing my house.