cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Someone explain to me (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23220)

SeattleUte 10-03-2008 03:33 PM

Someone explain to me

why this OSU win isn't vastly more significant than BYU's controversial win over hideous Washington.

MikeWaters 10-03-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 273977)
why this OSU win isn't vastly more significant than BYU's controversial win over hideous Washington.

BYU win was in HD.

Yewtah win was in awful grainy SD.

ewth8tr 10-03-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

it involved football, you wouldn't understand.

BYUsportsguy 10-03-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

The utes were expected to win. OSU beating USC was a fluke, OSU isn't really a very good team.

YOhio 10-03-2008 03:41 PM

Utes had to have a late PI flag on an uncatchable ball come in from the opposite side official to tie the game. Pathetic.

cougjunkie 10-03-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

I think it is a good win for Utah, but the number 15 team in the country is expected to beat an unranked team at home. Not get dominated statistically for 58 minutes and have to pull a last second score out of their ass.

Also on the PI call, the defender definitely wrapped up the receiver, but BJ threw the ball to the goal post and the receiver was 3 yards on the other side, it was clearly uncatchable, the referee literally 3 feet from the play did not throw his flag, the referee from teh opposite corner of the endzone did. I do not think it was a bad call if that ref thought the ball was catchable.

Utah is very good against the run, Mike Wright played a great game. Koa Misi also had an outstanding game. Mccain has regressed he was beat deep on several plays but Moevao sucks to bad to get the ball downfield.

Also SU if you would quit trolling I dont think Utah would get ripped as hard as they are right now on the board.

Brian 10-03-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 273988)
I think it is a good win for Utah, but the number 15 team in the country is expected to beat an unranked team at home. Not get dominated statistically for 58 minutes and have to pull a last second score out of their ass.

Also on the PI call, the defender definitely wrapped up the receiver, but BJ threw the ball to the goal post and the receiver was 3 yards on the other side, it was clearly uncatchable, the referee literally 3 feet from the play did not throw his flag, the referee from teh opposite corner of the endzone did. I do not think it was a bad call if that ref thought the ball was catchable.

Utah is very good against the run, Mike Wright played a great game. Koa Misi also had an outstanding game. Mccain has regressed he was beat deep on several plays but Moevao sucks to bad to get the ball downfield.

Also SU if you would quit trolling I dont think Utah would get ripped as hard as they are right now on the board.

actually, god threw that flag. i saw it. god wanted utah to win.

Archaea 10-03-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 274003)
actually, god threw that flag. i saw it. god wanted utah to win.

But SU doesn't believe in God, so it must have been Karl Marx. Shut up you're not worthy.

Jeff Lebowski 10-03-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 273987)
Utes had to have a late PI flag on an uncatchable ball come in from the opposite side official to tie the game. Pathetic.

No kidding. About three seconds after the play was over.

il Padrino Ute 10-03-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 274014)
No kidding. About three seconds after the play was over.

Jeff, you're the engineer - what formula would you use to calculate how high above the receiver's head the ball was at that point? More than 15 ft. above? ;)

To be honest, I didn't see any of the contact or where the ball was in relation. It was at the other end of the field and too tough to get an idea from my seat.