cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I want to challenge Snipe (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9174)

MikeWaters 06-18-2007 12:42 AM

I want to challenge Snipe

Snipe has said that waterboarding isn't torture.

I propose that Snipe, as proof of this fact, allow himself to be waterboarded by me over a 1 hour period.

Safety will be ensured by at least one other physician in attendance. Snipe may have as many friends as he wants present, in order to further ensure his safety.

All rules will be worked out beforehand, again to ensure safety and for there to be no surprises.

I don't know how Snipe could refuse this. This is much easier than real waterboarding, because the rules and intent are known beforehand.

I would however require that Snipe get a physical beforehand, because I don't want him to have a heart attack on the board.

We would do this on a weekend when we are both in Provo to watch a football game. All members of CB and CG would be allowed to be present.

This could also be tied in with a fundraiser for charity.

What say ye?

Tex 06-18-2007 12:53 AM

With apologies to Gary Larson:

What MikeWaters says:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 90889)
Snipe has said that waterboarding isn't torture.

I propose that Snipe, as proof of this fact, allow himself to be waterboarded by me over a 1 hour period.

Safety will be ensured by at least one other physician in attendance. Snipe may have as many friends as he wants present, in order to further ensure his safety.

All rules will be worked out beforehand, again to ensure safety and for there to be no surprises.

I don't know how Snipe could refuse this. This is much easier than real waterboarding, because the rules and intent are known beforehand.

I would however require that Snipe get a physical beforehand, because I don't want him to have a heart attack on the board.

We would do this on a weekend when we are both in Provo to watch a football game. All members of CB and CG would be allowed to be present.

This could also be tied in with a fundraiser for charity.

What say ye?

What we hear:

Quote:

Blah blah blah blah blah torture blah blah .... blah blah torture blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah torture blah blah torture blah blah blah blah blah torture blah blah .... blah blah torture blah blah blah blah torture blah blah .... blah blah torture ...

il Padrino Ute 06-18-2007 03:40 AM

Do it the week of the Utah/BYU game and I'll make arrangements for the pirate ship to be there. In fact, I'm guessing you could do it right there aboard the pirate ship. There are a couple of MDs that hang out around the ship at games, so we could get one of them to be there for safety's sake.

Archaea 06-18-2007 03:42 AM

apologies, what is waterboarding?

It makes me think of water skiing, but apparently it is not.

MikeWaters 06-18-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 90911)

It's the sort of thing that fat old white men (Cheney and maybe a cougarboard proponent or two) think is not a big deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

BarbaraGordon 06-18-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 90911)

That's funny. The wikipedia article actually says "not to be confused with wakeboarding."

Archaea 06-18-2007 03:49 AM

Other than thinking it's no big deal, do we routinely use it, or has it stopped?

Jeff Lebowski 06-18-2007 03:50 AM

I would pay to see that.

il Padrino Ute 06-18-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 90918)
I would pay to see that.

So, like me, are you against torture unless you can pay to be entertained by it?

Jeff Lebowski 06-18-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 90919)
So, like me, are you against torture unless you can pay to be entertained by it?

Pretty much.