cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   camping tonight (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3140)

MikeWaters 07-14-2006 09:12 PM

camping tonight

high of 102, low of 80 tonight with head advisory.

on top of that 30% chance of rain.

So that mains I have to use the fly and pretend my tent is a sweatbox.

(I purchased a battery powered fan last night 6 D batteries).

SeattleUte 07-15-2006 05:36 AM

Texas has horrid weather. I feel sorry for you. It's awful there.

realtall 07-15-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte
Texas has horrid weather. I feel sorry for you. It's awful there.

You ought to come here and check it out for yourself(no, that's not an oasis in the distance).

FarrahWaters 07-15-2006 08:52 PM

i much prefer Texas weather to Northwest weather. Yuck.

crap, I keep posting from farrah's account. this is me mike. farrah loves the northwest. yuck.

SeattleUte 07-16-2006 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters
i much prefer Texas weather to Northwest weather. Yuck.

crap, I keep posting from farrah's account. this is me mike. farrah loves the northwest. yuck.

Okay, so you'd prefer boiling hot and humid to average temperatures in the 70's and highs and lows in a fairly narrow range except for odd days. We'll have to agree to disagree. (Yeah, it rains here, but what about hurricanes, etc. in East Texas, or even snow in other places while it's drizzling here.)

The only thing I envy is the melodious sound of all those insects at night in your part of the world. We have a few bull frogs. That's all.

MikeWaters 07-16-2006 03:32 PM

It snows once every couple years in Dallas. No hurricanes up here.

I prefer sun to clouds and drizzle. And I am very familiar with winters in the northwest. Damp cold, with drizzle. Miserable.

SeattleUte 07-17-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters
It snows once every couple years in Dallas. No hurricanes up here.

I prefer sun to clouds and drizzle. And I am very familiar with winters in the northwest. Damp cold, with drizzle. Miserable.

To be blunt, one of the things I respect you for is that I can't imagine much worse than camping outside Dallas, for a host of reasons (boiling hot humid weather, no mountains, no crystaline trout streams, insects that will burrow into you, water mocasins, hail that arrives like machine gun bullets amid solid sheets of water, lightning, gang raping hillbillies, serial killer religious kooks, big fat phosphorescent flies that give you welts etc., etc.). Honestly, I'd reather spend a weekend mud wrestling.

MikeWaters 07-17-2006 09:40 PM

some people enjoy nice things. others, like many cyclists, enjoy suffering. "I wonder if I can survive this."