cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Halloween candy (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23885)

BarbaraGordon 10-21-2008 11:10 PM

Halloween candy

What do you steal from your kids first?

I go straight for the Reeses, but I have to make sure nobody's watching. Flash is lucky. Jeff and Charlie both hate Snickers, so Flash gets all of his favorite with no complaints from the kids. OTOH, that takes all the fun out of it.

YOhio 10-21-2008 11:15 PM

Kit Kats

il Padrino Ute 10-21-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 282650)
What do you steal from your kids first?

I go straight for the Reeses, but I have to make sure nobody's watching. Flash is lucky. Jeff and Charlie both hate Snickers, so Flash gets all of his favorite with no complaints from the kids. OTOH, that takes all the fun out of it.

25% Dad tax.

It prepares them for reality.

bluegoose 10-21-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 282657)
25% Dad tax.

It prepares them for reality.

So with you-know-who's new tax plan, does this jump up to 39% next next if they haul in more than 250 pieces of candy?

I hear thats what Joe the Plumber charges his kids.

il Padrino Ute 10-21-2008 11:24 PM

Deleted because I'm a major idiot.

il Padrino Ute 10-21-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 282661)
So with you-know-who's new tax plan, does this jump up to 39% next next if they haul in more than 250 pieces of candy?

I hear thats what Joe the Plumber charges his kids.

:)

I suppose it will have to go up, eh?

The difference is that there is no redistribution.

BarbaraGordon 10-21-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 282661)

But NINETYFIVE PERCENT of kids will get more candy under the new plan!! You believe that, right?

BigFatMeanie 10-21-2008 11:32 PM

Candy Confiscation Priority:
1. Anything made in China - this goes in the trash. I'm the Dad version of the FDA here. This is usually in the form of a prepackaged candy "toy" - like candy rings, candy whistles, bags of gummy worms, etc. If it says Made in China it's basically crap that some cheapo bought down at the dollar store. Probably laced with lead and mercury and all kinds of bad junk.

2. Almond Joy (NB these are not necessarily my favorite, they are just rarer so I give them a higher confiscation priority)
3. Kit Kats (same reason as above)
4. Snickers
5. Reeses

My favorites would be ordered thus:
1. Snickers
2. Kit Kats
3. Almond Joy
4. Reeses

bluegoose 10-21-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 282666)
But NINETYFIVE PERCENT of kids will get more candy under the new plan!! You believe that, right?

Hell, if I'm getting 39% of their loot, then they can get all the grub their little Indiana Jones candy bags can hold!

BarbaraGordon 10-21-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 282681)
Hell, if I'm getting 39% of their loot, then they can get all the grub their little Indiana Jones candy bags can hold!

We've actually got a great gig going. People feel so sorry for Charlie in his wheelchair that they give him double or triple candy, not realizing that he's on an all-liquid diet. (And we're certainly not about to divulge the truth and risk losing out on the loot.) So by the end of the night Flash and I make away like bandits with the biggest haul in town. We're shameless.