cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Good cheese (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7519)

YOhio 04-09-2007 02:45 AM

Good cheese

I just had some excellent Camembert with some bread. I am a big cheese fan. Among my favorites for casual snacking are:
Sharp Cheddar
Smoked Gouda
Muenster
Brie
Rocquefort
Gorgonzola
Pepperjack
Easy Cheese: American (served on Chicken and a Biscuit)

Am I missing anything?

BarbaraGordon 04-09-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 71438)
I just had some excellent Camembert with some bread. I am a big cheese fan. Among my favorites for casual snacking are:
Sharp Cheddar
Smoked Gouda
Muenster
Brie
Rocquefort
Gorgonzola
Pepperjack

Am I missing anything?

Flash prefers provolone but I've always been partial to a good swiss (but not baby swiss)

YOhio 04-09-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 71439)
Flash prefers provolone but I've always been partial to a good swiss (but not baby swiss)

I like those two cheeses on sandwiches. I usually get Provolone on my Subway sandwich and I love Swiss cheese on a Reuben.

Detroitdad 04-09-2007 05:18 AM

Quote:

Sharp Cheddar
Smoked Gouda
Muenster
Brie
Rocquefort
Gorgonzola
Pepperjack

Am I missing anything?

I am partial to Edam.

il Padrino Ute 04-09-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Sharp Cheddar
Smoked Gouda
Muenster
Brie
Rocquefort
Gorgonzola
Pepperjack

Am I missing anything?

Fresh mozzarella with a bit of olive oil and oregano.

myboynoah 04-09-2007 08:33 AM

Quote:

Sharp Cheddar
Smoked Gouda
Muenster
Brie
Rocquefort
Gorgonzola
Pepperjack

Am I missing anything?

You left out Nacho Cheese Food.

YOhio 04-09-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 71461)
You left out Nacho Cheese Food.

Leave it to the guy in France to critique my cheese selection, but you do make a valid point. Any discussion of cheese should always include Tostito's Salsa Con Queso.

ute4ever 04-09-2007 03:08 PM

I also use grated asiago and crumbled feta.

myboynoah 04-09-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 71466)
Leave it to the guy in France to critique my cheese selection, but you do make a valid point. Any discussion of cheese should always include Tostito's Salsa Con Queso.

I must admit that few things embarass me about America, but that yellow nacho cheese stuff is one of them. Even then, I've had more than one French person who had lived in the U.S. ask me if I could buy them a few boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese on my monthly forays to shop at the U.S. base in Belgium. Bit by bit we are destroying their culture.

I like all the cheeses that you mentioned. My palette is far from sophisticated, so all those soft rindy cheeses start to taste the same to me, some sharper, some creamier. I do like some herbed goat cheeses I've had and agree with Detroitdad that Edam is very good (I find Dutch cheeses more appealing). Don't forget Emental (that's swiss to all you colonists).

UteStar 04-09-2007 04:35 PM

A block of parmesan (parmigiano reggiano) and it is a tasty treat. The kraft parmesan cheese that you put on spaghetti is passable, but get the block kind and it is a great treat or you can put it on a variety of foods.