cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How many pair of shoes do you own? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23857)

ute4ever 10-21-2008 02:37 AM

How many pair of shoes do you own?

eom

BigFatMeanie 10-21-2008 02:45 AM

1. Running shoes
2. Hiking boots
3. Tevas/sandals
4. Sunday Shoes (I'm a wingtip man)
5. Daily work shoes (brown, dressy casual type shoes)
6. Casual athletic shoes but not running shoes - you know, the kind you can wear with knee-length shorts
7. Cruddy old work in the garden shoes

BarbaraGordon 10-21-2008 03:09 AM

Yesterday I couldn't find the shoes I wanted to wear to church.

"Flash, honey, have you seen my black heels?"

"You mean the ones you were wearing yesterday?"

"No. Not those. The other ones."

"You mean the ones that give you blisters?"

"No! You know...my favorite ones."

"The ones with the straps?"

"No. Too late in the season for those."

"The ones with the rhinestones?"

"No way! You can't wear rhinestones to CHURCH!!"

By the time we were done we figured out I have eight pair of black heels that I wear, and three more that I don't. Flash is trying to argue that this is excessive.

Surfah 10-21-2008 03:24 AM

Gidget has a bunch. In fairness I do too. But it seems like Gidget is always pulling out a pair I have never seen before. When I ask where she got them, invariably I get the "I've had them for a long time, since before we were married" line. Then I give her a sideways look.

cougjunkie 10-21-2008 03:32 AM

We have a walk in closet that is about 5 feet wide and 20 feet long. Fairly large closet. I have shoes that line both walls up and down and are two deep. I just counted I have 48 pairs.

BarbaraGordon 10-21-2008 03:37 AM

I wish I had taken a picture of Mike's shoes.

TripletDaddy 10-21-2008 03:37 AM

I have a decent amount, no clue to be exact, but maybe 20 or so.

I am no coug "imelda marcos" junkie, though. 48 pairs? holy crap.

I get rid of my shoes after awhile, though. For example, I dont have a pair of 6 year old basketball shoes in my closet, or an old pair from my mission, or stuff like that. If I havent worn them in a year or two, I get rid of them.

FarrahWaters 10-21-2008 03:40 AM

I have 6 or 7 pairs, plus a pair of boots. My one pair of dress shoes is starting to look a little beat up.
*ahem* Babs, I do have a camera...

cougjunkie 10-21-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 282121)
I have a decent amount, no clue to be exact, but maybe 20 or so.

I am no coug "imelda marcos" junkie, though. 48 pairs? holy crap.

I get rid of my shoes after awhile, though. For example, I dont have a pair of 6 year old basketball shoes in my closet, or an old pair from my mission, or stuff like that. If I havent worn them in a year or two, I get rid of them.

Their was a time in my life where I had a pair of shoes, a hat and a watch for every outfit.

livecoug 10-21-2008 04:36 AM

Wow, junkie!

I have:
1. Pair of Vans
2. Sunday shoes
3. Flip flops

3 pair of shoes. That's enough.