cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   In-N-Out Hype (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21113)

bigpiney 07-22-2008 03:01 PM

After just finishing reading Fast Food Nation. I can say that In n out does it right. Everything that is wrong with mcdonalds is right with In n out.

They use ground beef that is never frozen, the fries are from fresh cut potatoes, everything is fresh. The milkshakes are made from real icecream. The staff is great and well paid for the fast food industry.

Is it the best burger you can buy. Probably not. But for the price and the quality I doubt you can find many places that are comparable. Plus they have Dr Pepper so they get bonus points from that automatically.

Levin 07-22-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpiney (Post 245499)
Plus they have Dr Pepper so they get bonus points from that automatically.

Amen to that. All hail the Doctor.

One thing that chafes living back East is that restaurants rarely have the Dr. in the house.

MikeWaters 07-22-2008 03:19 PM

I love Dr. Pepper. But since I have forsworn caffeine, I don't get it at fast food joints.

TripletDaddy 07-22-2008 03:23 PM

Malcolm was also a fan of the old In Out In Out.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_j4ajgI87LtU/Rg...lmmcdowell.jpg

scottie 07-22-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 245397)
... Were they in Utah, I'd be a regular.

I'm sure you mean northern Utah, but there is one in St. George.

Surfah 07-22-2008 03:34 PM

In-N-Out is good. It's not the end all be all of hamburgers. Personally, I'd rather have a Tommy's chili burger or even a king burger from FatBurger. I'd also rather eat one of my own burgers I grill with ground angus and mild italian sausage.

But In-N-Out is still one of those places that makes me warm inside when I go. I almost always have to hit up the one in Vegas when in town. And the In-N-Out at the top of hamburger hill off Lyon's Ave. and I-5 in Valencia was the spot in high school; so I think for nostalgia more than anything else I enjoy it.

TripletDaddy 07-22-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 245532)
I'd also rather eat one of my own burgers I grill with ground angus and mild italian sausage

whoa.....excuse me.

Please explain in greater detail.

This sounds magically delicious.

TheSizzle36 07-22-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 245526)
I'm sure you mean northern Utah, but there is one in St. George.

St. George might as well be Las Vegas/Nevada as far as I'm concerned.

Surfah 07-22-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 245551)
whoa.....excuse me.

Please explain in greater detail.

This sounds magically delicious.

I mix a good ground Angus or sirloin and mild Italian sausage. Usually a pound and a half of beef to a pound of pork sausage. I usually crack an egg or two to bind and keep moist. I then usually add a liberal amount of salt, pepper and A1 sauce or Worcestershire (probably around 1/3 C). I make huge patties about an inch thick. Throw them on a hot clean grill. Sometimes I'll even brush the grill with oil or the meat to get nice grill marks. I usually add a nice melting cheese like provolone and white American. A nice thick cut bacon baked in the oven is a nice topper also.

CJF 08-30-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 245568)
I mix a good ground Angus or sirloin and mild Italian sausage. Usually a pound and a half of beef to a pound of pork sausage. I usually crack an egg or two to bind and keep moist. I then usually add a liberal amount of salt, pepper and A1 sauce or Worcestershire (probably around 1/3 C). I make huge patties about an inch thick. Throw them on a hot clean grill. Sometimes I'll even brush the grill with oil or the meat to get nice grill marks. I usually add a nice melting cheese like provolone and white American. A nice thick cut bacon baked in the oven is a nice topper also.

I just bought the stuff to do this for my game time BBQ tomorrow. Can't wait. Thanks for the suggestion.