cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which do you favor to solve the current banking mess? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23101)

SeattleUte 10-01-2008 05:45 PM

Which do you favor to solve the current banking mess?

SeattleUte 10-01-2008 05:50 PM

[deleted]

ute4ever 10-01-2008 05:59 PM

Printing a trillion new dollars would help some of the problem now, but with that additional money saturating the market, wouldn't the inflation rate suddenly spike?

SeattleUte 10-01-2008 06:16 PM

Note: the one vote on the second choice has to be 3D. I know he's an honest person, and he has articulated this position many times.

MikeWaters 10-01-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 272980)
Printing a trillion new dollars would help some of the problem now, but with that additional money saturating the market, wouldn't the inflation rate suddenly spike?

It makes the dollar even weaker. And yes, inflation is one of the fears whenever you print more money.

BarbaraGordon 10-01-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 272980)
Printing a trillion new dollars would help some of the problem now, but with that additional money saturating the market, wouldn't the inflation rate spike?

We've been operating this way for decades. Why stop now?

TripletDaddy 10-01-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 272996)
Note: the one vote on the second choice has to be 3D. I know he's an honest person, and he has articulated this position many times.

I almost never vote in any of these polls. I simply post my response. That lone vote is not mine.

Although, yes, that would be my choice...of the 2 simplified choices listed.

I guess that lone vote aint so lonely anymore.

il Padrino Ute 10-01-2008 08:06 PM

nevermind

SeattleUte 10-01-2008 09:14 PM

Just read the posts on this site. The liberals want to put people in jail and print new money. The conservatives don't want people to go to jail for making bad business decisions, just be spanked by the invisible hand, and let the markets and people working for their own best interests to do their natural work getting us out of this economic slump.

Which side is more scary?

TripletDaddy 10-01-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 273214)
Just read the posts on this site. The liberals want to put people in jail and print new money. The conservatives don't want people to go to jail for making bad business decisions, just be spanked by the invisible hand, and let the markets and people working for their own best interests to do their natural work getting us out of this economic slump.

Which side is more scary?

what are you talking about. EPU has joked about shooting all of them and mikewaters wants them all thrown in jail.

Which conservatives dont want to see some of these C-suite execs thrown in jail?