cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2008 Lindy's football preview (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19791)

MecalFatter 05-30-2008 01:45 AM

2008 Lindy's football preview

While eating some smoky asiago cheese and enjoying a refreshing beverage, I cozied in on isle 7 at our local Publix to read the Lindy's preview while some annoying chick was laughing out loud, "LOL" in her cryptic world at every birthday card she was considering purchasing.

Anyway, enough about the oversized tan girl. Lindy's was VERY, VERY good to BYU this year. I know, it's only a preview and doesn't mean much until toe meets leather, but it's always a good thing to get press. Below is a summary:

1. BYU vs. Oklahoma in BCS game - Fiesta Bowl
2. BYU ranked #12 in magazine
3. Max Hall 19th best QB in nation.....way underrated.
4. Harvey Unga 9th Best RB in nation
5. Jan Jorgenson was in the top 5 DE's in nation....surprised me.
6. Offensive Line unit ranked 10
7. Offensive backfield unit ranked 9...if my memory is correct.
8. BYU had 6th best class for kickers.
9. Dallas Reynolds was in the top 10 tackles in the country

There was more talk about BYU, especially in the MWC preview. The 1st team all MWC was loaded with BYU players. As much as all of this gets me excited for the season to start, 2009 is going to be better.

Your's Truly, Mecal

danimal 05-30-2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MecalFatter (Post 226583)
While eating some smoky asiago cheese and enjoying a refreshing beverage, I cozied in on isle 7 at our local Publix to read the Lindy's preview while some annoying chick was laughing out loud, "LOL" in her cryptic world at every birthday card she was considering purchasing.

Anyway, enough about the oversized tan girl. Lindy's was VERY, VERY good to BYU this year. I know, it's only a preview and doesn't mean much until toe meets leather, but it's always a good thing to get press. Below is a summary:

There was more talk about BYU, especially in the MWC preview. The 1st team all MWC was loaded with BYU players. As much as all of this gets me excited for the season to start, 2009 is going to be better.

Your's Truly, Mecal

All the hype gets me nervous.

I'm surrounded by annoyingly cocky SEC fans. Seeing BYU have a top 10 year would be extremely satisfying.

Indy Coug 05-30-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 226608)

I'm surrounded by annoyingly cocky SEC fans. Seeing BYU have a top 10 year would be extremely satisfying.

I lived in Tennessee in 1984. That was a lot of fun. :)

Goatnapper'96 05-30-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 226608)

HOTTY TODDY GAWSH AWMIGHTY,
WHO THE HELL ARE WE?
FLIM FLAM BIM BAM, OLE MISS BY DAMN!

Talking SEC, mostly LSU, football always got me HUMWV parts or paint from civilian DOD employees when I was a troop XO back in the late 90's at Fort Polk. LSU had some stud freshman runningback from Leesville, Cecil something or another, who was a freshman AA. I think he never passed a class declared for the NFL and then was busted fondling some chick's knockers when she was sleeping and went to jail.

Jeff Lebowski 05-30-2008 02:52 PM

Nice summary, MF. Thanks.

(since your moniker has a less than wholesome connotation, I will just use your initials).

TripletDaddy 05-30-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 226703)

(since your moniker has a less than wholesome connotation, I will just use your initials).

I agree. Calling someone an MF is better.

Spaz 05-30-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 226710)
I agree. Calling someone an MF is better.

lol - I was going to say the same thing. Just add an 'er' to the 'MF' to make it even better:D

MecalFatter 05-30-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 226703)

Very well, MF it is for Mr. Lebowski.

YOhio 05-30-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MecalFatter (Post 226849)
Very well, MF it is for Mr. Lebowski.

I don't think he'll mind.

LANGUAGE WARNING

BYUTexan 05-31-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MecalFatter (Post 226583)

Your's Truly, Mecal

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a big fear of us loosing a game early on and having an emotional letdown ala 2000 Alabama. We have to get off to a faster start, just to meet expectations, and that to me could cause for us to trip up emotionally, I'm afraid.