cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The thing that REALLY bugs me... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23616)

Spaz 10-14-2008 07:51 PM

The thing that REALLY bugs me...

is when BYU fans in particular, and fans in general, get their nipples in a twist over perceived but nonexistent slights.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4129692

Some fans need to grow a pair & stop being so bloody sensitive.

Hot Lunch 10-14-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaz (Post 279153)
is when BYU fans in particular, and fans in general, get their nipples in a twist over perceived but nonexistent slights.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4129692

Some fans need to grow a pair & stop being so bloody sensitive.

Fans are the number one reason why I hate the teams that I hate.

Goatnapper'96 10-14-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Lunch (Post 279170)
Fans are the number one reason why I hate the teams that I hate.

The problem with that approach is one must choose to ignore the fanbases of the teams that they like to stay consistent. Anyone who claims to dislike a team because of a fanbase is a hypocrite.

Hot Lunch 10-14-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 279186)
The problem with that approach is one must choose to ignore the fanbases of the teams that they like to stay consistent. Anyone who claims to dislike a team because of a fanbase is a hypocrite.

I must by a hypocrite cause that's how I roll. I guess I shouldn't say an entire fanbase but more like select individuals with in that fanbase but still a hypocrite non the less then.

cougjunkie 10-14-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

I dislike Utah because of their fanbase. I also dislike the majority BYU fans.

I guess I am also a hypocrite.

Flystripper 10-14-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

I am Joan mother effing Jett when it comes to BYU football.

I hate myself for loving you.
Can't break free from the things that you do.
I wanna walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you .
I think of you ev'ry night and day.
You took my heart, then you took my pride away.

Goatnapper'96 10-14-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flystripper (Post 279199)
I am Joan mother effing Jett when it comes to BYU football.

I hate myself for loving you.
Can't break free from the things that you do.
I wanna walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you .
I think of you ev'ry night and day.
You took my heart, then you took my pride away.

I agree with your sentiment which is why I never play the "I hate such and such team because their fanbase is full of asshats."

I love BYU sports and I recognize its fanbase is full of dimwitted dolts. It is what it is.

Spaz 10-14-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 279227)
I agree with your sentiment which is why I never play the "I hate such and such team because their fanbase is full of asshats."

I love BYU sports and I recognize its fanbase is full of dimwitted dolts. It is what it is.

Pretty much every fanbase has it's share of fools & the nugget-less.

I just wish the people sitting behind me at the games weren't so damned representative of the less intelligent portion of the fanbase. The only time I've been more annoyed at fans was the bastard who took two coeds to the game and proceeded to talk about everything but the football game...and when he did talk about the game, he was a freaking moron. He even pissed my wife off, and that's not all that easy for other people to do (I, on the other hand, have become quite adept at pushing her buttons).

An example of the idiocy I have to put up with at the games this year:
As Q3 of the UCLA game is wearing down:
Female idiot: "Do we get three timeouts every quarter or every half?"
male idiot: "Every quarter."
female idiot: "Why don't we use our timeouts then? They're going to go to waste if we don't use them!"
male idiot: "Uhm...I don't know."

il Padrino Ute 10-14-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaz (Post 279258)
An example of the idiocy I have to put up with at the games this year:
As Q3 of the UCLA game is wearing down:
Female idiot: "Do we get three timeouts every quarter or every half?"
male idiot: "Every quarter."
female idiot: "Why don't we use our timeouts then? They're going to go to waste if we don't use them!"
male idiot: "Uhm...I don't know."

That is awesome.

It's better than the story I read on uf.n in which the poster told us about the guy that sits behind him. During the UNLV game, as UNLV was moving the ball down the field against the Utes defense, this particular person blurted out "This poor tackling is exactly why Ludwig has to go!"

Spaz 10-14-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 279264)
That is awesome.

It's better than the story I read on uf.n in which the poster told us about the guy that sits behind him. During the UNLV game, as UNLV was moving the ball down the field against the Utes defense, this particular person blurted out "This poor tackling is exactly why Ludwig has to go!"

ROFL. You know in both cases they're bandwagon fans who don't really follow the team all that closely - they only are coming due to the current success.

What is worse, is that was representative of their conversations. It wasn't the only stupid-ass thing they've said.