cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Literae Humaniores (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Old School Contraception (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11883)

Solon 09-17-2007 08:43 PM

Old School Contraception

So, my insurance won't cover birth control. Doesn't seem like a smart financial move, since it covers pregnancy and childbirth almost completely, but hey, whatever.

I recently stumbled across a home recipe for birth control in Pliny's Natural History (29.27.85). Feel free to try it out.

tertium genus est eodem phalangi nomine araneus lanuginosus, grandissimo capite, quo dissecto inveniri intus dicuntur vermiculi duo adalligatique mulieribus pelle cervina ante solis ortum praestare, ne concipiant

"There is also a third type of phalangium, a hairy spider with an enormous head. When this is cut open, there are said to be found inside two little worms, which, having been attached to women in deer skin before sunrise, ensure that they do not conceive."

Anyone know where I can find a tarantula?

Donuthole 09-18-2007 07:33 PM

Or you could try Archaea's version of Old School contraception . . . abstinence.

Mrs. Funk 11-04-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 124687)
So, my insurance won't cover birth control. Doesn't seem like a smart financial move, since it covers pregnancy and childbirth almost completely, but hey, whatever.

My insurance doesn't cover birth control, either! What's up with that? How have you gotten around it, or are you just paying the uninsured price like me?

Seriously, the BYU student insurance is atrocious anyway, and the noncoverage of contraceptives is probably somebody's not so subtle statement against them.

marsupial 11-04-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 145759)
My insurance doesn't cover birth control, either! What's up with that? How have you gotten around it, or are you just paying the uninsured price like me?

Seriously, the BYU student insurance is atrocious anyway, and the noncoverage of contraceptives is probably somebody's not so subtle statement against them.

One word: Trojan. No bitchy side effects and it makes for an easy clean up.

Archaea 11-04-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 145769)

Get a couple of boxes and hide them in the car and everywhere else and you're good to go for a couple of weeks.

cougjunkie 11-04-2007 11:32 PM

Just pull out.

Archaea 11-04-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 145773)
Just pull out.

coitus interruptus is the best form to create parents.

69 is a great form of birth control.

MikeWaters 11-04-2007 11:48 PM

Health insurance doesn't cover fresh fruit, vegetables, vitamin pills, natural spring water, and lots of other things.

It's called lifestyle choices. You'll be happier when you realize that, instead of complaining about it.

cougjunkie 11-04-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 145784)
Health insurance doesn't cover fresh fruit, vegetables, vitamin pills, natural spring water, and lots of other things.

It's called lifestyle choices. You'll be happier when you realize that, instead of complaining about it.

Spoken like a doctor.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 145784)

I don't know if it's accurate to equate noncoverage of vegetables to a prescription oral contraceptive. And it's not uncommon for insurances to cover contraceptives.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 145769)

Uuuuugh... I hate condoms. They're like making love to an exam glove.

il Padrino Ute 11-05-2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donuthole (Post 125093)
Or you could try Archaea's version of Old School contraception . . . abstinence.

Abstinence. 100% effective.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 145879)
Abstinence. 100% effective.

Absolutely... but now that I've tasted of the forbidden fruit, there's no going back. I'll have to seek other recourses.

BigFatMeanie 11-05-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 145873)

I generally hate condoms as well. I would suggest you try the "natural membrane" condoms - made out of lamb intestines (or something like that). They're way better than the latex condoms as long as the gentleman can get over the mental hurdle of sporting a lamb intestine.

NOTE: I don't know what mental hurdle the lady must overcome when using natural membrane condoms but I'm willing to bet that making love to a lamb intestine is better than making love to an exam glove.

BigFatMeanie 11-05-2007 05:40 AM

One problem with the Trojan Naturalamb is the price. A 12-pack will probably cost $30-$40.

Seeing as how y'all are newlyweds, you may pay more in Naturalamb condoms than in paying for the pill out of pocket.

marsupial 11-05-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 145873)

You get used to them. I've tried several different pills and hated them all.

marsupial 11-05-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 145923)
One problem with the Trojan Naturalamb is the price. A 12-pack will probably cost $30-$40.

Seeing as how y'all are newlyweds, you may pay more in Naturalamb condoms than in paying for the pill out of pocket.

Natural lamb condoms, besides being gross, are not as effective as latex.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 145972)
You get used to them. I've tried several different pills and hated them all.

There's nothing wrong with the pill (at least, as far as I can tell...). I bawled like a blathering baby the first 2 months I was on it, but now that things have calmed down, I tend to be less moody while I'm on it.

Condoms, on the other hand, are just a pain. They get in the way of sensation and slide around. But maybe it's just a matter of preference.

Solon 11-05-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

My insurance doesn't cover birth control, either! What's up with that? How have you gotten around it, or are you just paying the uninsured price like me?.

We just pay out of pocket - it's not that expensive, maybe 30 bucks a month - and my wife was pregnant for about 15 months straight before we had the baby (she miscarried after about 4 months - no worries, though, we got pregnant about 10 days after the doc. said to try again).

Solon 11-05-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 145893)
I generally hate condoms as well. I would suggest you try the "natural membrane" condoms - made out of lamb intestines (or something like that). They're way better than the latex condoms as long as the gentleman can get over the mental hurdle of sporting a lamb intestine.

NOTE: I don't know what mental hurdle the lady must overcome when using natural membrane condoms but I'm willing to bet that making love to a lamb intestine is better than making love to an exam glove.

I've never seen a "natural membrane" condom in the bowling alley restrooms. Where do you buy them?

YOhio 11-05-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 146153)
I've never seen a "natural membrane" condom in the bowling alley restrooms. Where do you buy them?

Flying J restrooms.

cougjunkie 11-05-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 146081)
Condoms, on the other hand, are just a pain. They get in the way of sensation and slide around. But maybe it's just a matter of preference.

Tell Mr. Funk to quit lying about the size and to buy the small ones that actually fit.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 146164)
Tell Mr. Funk to quit lying about the size and to buy the small ones that actually fit.

You're just a brat, aren't you?

Solon 11-06-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

I should add that our insurance does pay for abortions. I think it's only a $20 co-pay or something akin for the cheapest procedures.

marsupial 11-06-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 146689)
I should add that our insurance does pay for abortions. I think it's only a $20 co-pay or something akin for the cheapest procedures.

Oh, so it does cover birth control then.

MikeWaters 11-06-2007 04:28 PM

I've never heard of condoms "slipping around", tell me more. I'm curious as to the explanation.

SeattleUte 11-06-2007 04:54 PM

Archea is demonstrating his lack of experience. Interruptus is the superior way, though messy to be sure.

marsupial 11-06-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 146714)
Archea is demonstrating his lack of experience. Interruptus is the superior way, though messy to be sure.

I don't know. I think Archaea is right. I have a friend who was too chicken to buy condoms in Rexburg and got pregnant using this so called interruptus method.

YOhio 11-06-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

I would think being married to SU was a great form of birth control, but it apparantly doesn't work that way.

SeattleUte 11-06-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 146734)
I don't know. I think Archaea is right. I have a friend who was too chicken to buy condoms in Rexburg and got pregnant using this so called interruptus method.

It requires discipline on the man's part. That's why they tell teens never to do it at planned parenting centers. But if the man is disciplined, what could be more effective than CI, i.e., keeping the sperm outside? (It's not true that the initial clear discharge for lubrication can get a woman pregnant.) Moreover, the payoff for the man as well as the woman can be immense in terms of pleasure.

Archaea 11-06-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

I can't imagine why I would want to interrupt a good cum, good sir. When there is a receptacle, you use it as it was designed.

Of course, given certain miracles of science, I don't worry about that any longer.

Mrs. Funk 11-06-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 146695)
I've never heard of condoms "slipping around", tell me more. I'm curious as to the explanation.

Even when the membrane of the condom is pulled tightly, a lubricated condom can still slide around from friction/thrusting (i.e. the sexy question, "Is it still on?").

SeattleUte 11-06-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 146749)
I can't imagine why I would want to interrupt a good cum, good sir.

He digs a deeper hole for himself. That's not what happens.

SeattleUte 11-06-2007 10:33 PM

Okay I'm bailing out of this thread. too explicit for my tast.

MikeWaters 11-07-2007 12:28 AM

Yeah I think I am bailing as well.