cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Phoenix/Golden State (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309)

Detroitdad 03-30-2007 02:54 AM

Phoenix/Golden State

No defense. Shooting without conscience. Incredible playmaking. Actual fastbreak baskets. This is one I have been waiting to see. I am hoping for a 140-138 final. This is basketball just the way I like it, with no trace of the Riley/Van Gundy Heat/Knicks brutality of yesteryear. Who says the level of play in the NBA sucks?

Detroitdad 03-30-2007 03:13 AM

45-33 after one quarter. 180-132 pace. Obviously it will slow down a lot. In fact the Warriors scored 18 points in the first 3 minutes. And yes I am responding to myself.

Surfah 03-30-2007 04:34 AM

Ridiculous game. 100 points before the end of the 3rd? Geez nice defense Suns.

RockyBalboa 03-30-2007 02:10 PM

If any game needs to be proof that the Suns will never go the distance with the style they play that game was it.

Also, for those who say the Suns style of ball is bringing back viewers to the NBA, that is wrong. Sunday's ABC game of the Suns/Kings was the LOWEST rated game nationally televised ever.

I like watching the Suns, but they have no shot to win the NBA Finals.

Detroitdad 03-30-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68722)
If any game needs to be proof that the Suns will never go the distance with the style they play that game was it.

Also, for those who say the Suns style of ball is bringing back viewers to the NBA, that is wrong. Sunday's ABC game of the Suns/Kings was the LOWEST rated game nationally televised ever.

I think the Suns biggest asset is there tight rotation, which is basically 7 guys. But for the playoffs that is not deep enough. They could have really used some more depth to help them make a push.

Frank Ryan 03-30-2007 07:19 PM

I love Nellie and the Warriors

I hope they can snag the 8th spot

ute4ever 03-30-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68722)

I am not a Jazz hater, but feel they are *somewhat* overrated. Yet how did they manage to go 3-0 against the Suns this season?

RockyBalboa 03-30-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 68862)
I am not a Jazz hater, but feel they are *somewhat* overrated. Yet how did they manage to go 3-0 against the Suns this season?

If they lose to Houston in the 1st round then I'll agree they were somewhat overated.

il Padrino Ute 03-31-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 68862)

Because Jerry Sloan demands that his team play defense.