cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Places not to live (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5941)

Archaea 01-11-2007 09:25 PM

Places not to live

Gary, Indiana.

East St. Louis.

Trenton, NJ.

Marseilles, France.

Minsk.

Most places in Russia.

I imagine many other places. Usual disqualifiers, unusual cold, lots of cold wet weather, bad crime, bad economy, and no access to recreation or beautiful outdoors.

YOhio 01-11-2007 09:58 PM

Colorado City, Arizona would be a rough place for a single guy to live. Most of the ladies (young and old) are spoken for.

BigFatMeanie 01-11-2007 10:05 PM

Gallup, New Mexico

creekster 01-11-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 53252)
Gallup, New Mexico

I think this is a sister city to Tucumcari, which I mentioned in the other thread.

Tucumcari is a real place, btw

BarbaraGordon 01-11-2007 10:08 PM

Butte, Montana.

East St. Louis.

mpfunk 01-11-2007 10:09 PM

Rockland, Idaho

Archaea 01-11-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 53256)
Rockland, Idaho

Only metrosexual loving goats live there.

creekster 01-11-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 53255)
Butte, Montana.

East St. Louis.

Now you're teasing me. Butte isn't so bad. One of the biggest holes in the ground ever made by man which is also partially filled with poiosonous water that kills birds and critters that have lost the god-given sense to avoid it, increrdibly high natural levels of atmospheric and ground arsenic, serious contamination from the mine tailings and the Anaconda smelter which was just up the road, and a dead and dying downtown. They do have an Arctic Circle (or at least they did when I was there some years ago). This having been said, however, I actually think the place is intersteing in a past-its-prime-western-town sort of way. It is far better than, say, Tucumcari, NM, for example.

BarbaraGordon 01-11-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 53258)
Now you're teasing me. Butte isn't so bad. One of the biggest holes in the ground ever made by man which is also partially filled with poiosonous water that kills birds and critters that have lost the god-given sense to avoid it, increrdibly high natural levels of atmospheric and ground arsenic, serious contamination from the mine tailings and the Anaconda smelter which was just up the road, and a dead and dying downtown. They do have an Arctic Circle (or at least they did when I was there some years ago). This having been said, however, I actually think the place is intersteing in a past-its-prime-western-town sort of way. It is far better than, say, Tucumcari, NM, for example.

I love Tucumcari.

It's got that brilliant "Tucumcari tonight"* slogan going for it.
How can you argue against a town that has that kind of snazzy signage for 200 miles in all directions?

Goatnapper'96 01-11-2007 10:30 PM

Anywhere in England. Not a real fan of England. I am sure it is better when one is not trying to convert everyone they meet to Mormonism, but why in the name of all that is holy can they not have one spicket with adjustable knobs for hot and cold water instead of having to go from freezing to scalding when washing one's hands. First world..Indeed!

I thought Louisiana sucked as well. Freaking mosquitos hatched all 12 months of the year and I remember drinking so much water during field exercises in the summer that when I took a piss, it was still cool.

I also spent a year in Bosnia-Herczegovenia and I doubt I would recommend it to anyone, even Serbs.