cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I was accused of having retarded taste buds on CougarBoard. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1308)

non sequitur 02-04-2006 08:02 AM

I was accused of having retarded taste buds on CougarBoard.

Was I wrong to denigrate the wings at Wingers? Do people really like their wings slathered in sauce like that? If you ask me, Wingers is just an IHOP with chicken. Am I wrong?

il Padrino Ute 02-04-2006 08:10 AM

I've never eaten anything from Wingers, therefore I can't comment on the wings.

Of course, the reason I've never been there is by choice; my friends who do like the food think my reason is silly:

I refuse to eat in a place that has the same name as one of those lousy 80s hair bands.

And before anyone agrees with my friends, answer this one question: Would you eat a a place called Ratt?

I didn't think so.

FarrahWaters 02-04-2006 11:50 AM

Re: I was accused of having retarded taste buds on CougarBoa

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur
Was I wrong to denigrate the wings at Wingers? Do people really like their wings slathered in sauce like that? If you ask me, Wingers is just an IHOP with chicken. Am I wrong?

I've never been to Wingers (I think the popular one here is called Lonestar Wings or something), but really, what is the classy way to eat hot wings? Aren't you basically eating grease and pain? (hot sauce I suppose is also salty and sour, but the basic sensation is one of pain).

Now, I can make my oven broiled chicken wings glazed with a citrus chili sauce ( a delicate balance of citrus, ginger, garlic, sweetness, and hot chilies) , but if I bring it to a football game, the guys are not going to be reaching for them-- they'll be reaching for the deep fried pain.

outlier 02-04-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur

IIRC, they had a chicken sandwich I liked. Then again, I thought the same thing about Dennys. And I can't find any food I like in New York. But I think that probably means it's my taste buds that are developmentally disabled.

o

creekster 02-04-2006 02:28 PM

OUtlier, are you saying you can't find any food you like in all of New York City? With respect, its either your taste buds or you're not trying very hard. Lots of good food there.

outlier 02-04-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster
With respect, its either your taste buds or you're not trying very hard.

Not trying very hard? Man, I can only eat so much. (It's hard not to eat out here.) I ain't a gourmet eater.

I miss Carl's Jr. badly. And decent Mexican food is hard to find. And no one here seems to understand the benefit of putting bacon and barbecue sauce on, you know, everything.

o

ute4ever 02-04-2006 06:48 PM

I'm a big-time fan of buffalo wings and hot wings. I like Wingers, but they are not my favorite. Their sauce is heavy on the brown sugar. It's my opinion that chicken should not taste like a dessert.

Alkili 02-05-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters

I've never been to Wingers (I think the popular one here is called Lonestar Wings or something), but really, what is the classy way to eat hot wings? Aren't you basically eating grease and pain? (hot sauce I suppose is also salty and sour, but the basic sensation is one of pain).

Now, I can make my oven broiled chicken wings glazed with a citrus chili sauce ( a delicate balance of citrus, ginger, garlic, sweetness, and hot chilies) , but if I bring it to a football game, the guys are not going to be reaching for them-- they'll be reaching for the deep fried pain.

The pain is all in your mind, I think that some people just interpret pain differently. My wife for example, gave birth to our first child using the bradley method, which is a natural childbirthing method. In the class they teach you to think of the "pain" as pressure, stretching discomfort, and that your body is doing exactly what it needs to do to get the baby out.

Pain is your body telling you something is wrong, but in spicy foods and child birth everything is okay.

RockyBalboa 02-06-2006 05:58 AM

It was me that said you had retarded taste buds....but then I probably have retarded taste buds as well. :P

I love all kinds of wings, and I love Wingers Wings as well. Or as Jeff Spicoli on Cougarboard puts it....."Delicious Wingers Wings".

mpfunk 02-07-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkili
Pain is your body telling you something is wrong, but in spicy foods and child birth everything is okay.

I cannot speak of child birth but I can speak of spicy food. When you start to sweat while eating you know you are eating some damn good food. I love all types of spicy food whether the hot in your mouth and throat of a habanero pepper, or a in your nostrils burn of horseradish.

Also Wingers really is not that good. There are several places to get better Wings in Utah. Wings and Things (at least I think that is the name is better), also the inferno wings from the Pie are far superior to Wingers as well.