cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What do you do when a boss treats you like an idiot? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23681)

Levin 10-16-2008 03:54 PM

What do you do when a boss treats you like an idiot?

Basically, a partner at my firm acts exactly like SU -- she treats me like an idiot. She's unbelievably smart and competent -- she clerked for Justice O'Connor, was deputy general counsel at the OMB, was deputy general counsel in the White House (Bush II) -- and so I am an idiot compared to her. But I produce reasonably good work and she keeps coming back to me, and so she can't think I"m a total ignoramus. But she treats me like one. What should I do? Every time I open my mouth, she immediate starts flipping through her Blackberry. She rarely lets me get out a complete sentence before cutting me off. And if I can't make my point clear within the first ten seconds, she huffs a little and looks away. And in emails, her "your an idiot" just drips off her sentences.

I'm tired of it. There are plenty of partners here at the firm who don't think I'm an idiot and would be happy to have me on their cases. I should keep my mouth shut, and I probably will, but what would you do? What should I do? It's hurting my morale.

MikeWaters 10-16-2008 03:55 PM

I've got unfortunate news for you. You are an idiot.

But apparently you have your uses. I would shut up and take it if I were you.

Levin 10-16-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 279995)
I've got unfortunate news for you. You are an idiot.

But apparently you have your uses. I would shut up and take it if I were you.

Do many of your patients commit suicide? I'd guess a higher percentage of your patients do than for other psychs.

Mormon Red Death 10-16-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 279993)
Basically, a partner at my firm acts exactly like SU -- she treats me like an idiot. She's unbelievably smart and competent -- she clerked for Justice O'Connor, was deputy general counsel at the OMB, was deputy general counsel in the White House (Bush II) -- and so I am an idiot compared to her. But I produce reasonably good work and she keeps coming back to me, and so she can't think I"m a total ignoramus. But she treats me like one. What should I do? Every time I open my mouth, she immediate starts flipping through her Blackberry. She rarely lets me get out a complete sentence before cutting me off. And if I can't make my point clear within the first ten seconds, she huffs a little and looks away. And in emails, her "your an idiot" just drips off her sentences.

I'm tired of it. There are plenty of partners here at the firm who don't think I'm an idiot and would be happy to have me on their cases. I should keep my mouth shut, and I probably will, but what would you do? What should I do? It's hurting my morale.

Invite her over for some daniel in the lion's den action. <no that isnt a sexual reference>

TripletDaddy 10-16-2008 04:20 PM

Throw her off her game.

Everytime she talks to you, stare at her breasts and lick your lips.

WHO's THE IDIOT NOW, SISTA?

SeattleUte 10-16-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormon red death (Post 280017)
invite her over for some daniel in the lion's den action. <no that isnt a sexual reference>

lol!

Levin 10-16-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 280017)
Invite her over for some daniel in the lion's den action. <no that isnt a sexual reference>

Good idea; I'll have to try that.

And DDD --- what do you think I do when she's checking her blackberry?

smokymountainrain 10-16-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 280017)

I hate to agree with SU, but wow - that was funny.