cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Why do you workout? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22816)

RC Vikings 09-24-2008 08:05 PM

Why do you workout?

1. Stress My father died when he was fifty from cancer. He didn't smoke, drink and wasn't overweight but I believe stress was a contributing factor. When I exercise my stress level goes way down.

2. Mood When I'm inactive I can feel a little down. Exercise seems to keep my mood up and I just feel better. I have seen other people who love to exercise get laid up because of a injury and their spouse can't hardly stand to be around them during the healing process. I'm afraid I would be a lot like that.

3. Night time activities I keep thinking that a fitter me will get the wife a little more excited. This hasn't happened but I keep hoping.

MikeWaters 09-24-2008 08:07 PM

I was going to say that sex takes care of #1 and #2, and by definition takes cares of #3. I suggest a new plan.

BarbaraGordon 09-24-2008 08:07 PM

I lift every other day because I don't want to risk throwing out my back reshelving books. It's a dangerous profession, I tell you.

Surfah 09-24-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 269206)
I was going to say that sex takes care of #1 and #2, and by definition takes cares of #3. I suggest a new plan.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Which is why I don't workout.

Archaea 09-24-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 269204)
1. Stress My father died when he was fifty from cancer. He didn't smoke, drink and wasn't overweight but I believe stress was a contributing factor. When I exercise my stress level goes way down.

2. Mood When I'm inactive I can feel a little down. Exercise seems to keep my mood up and I just feel better. I have seen other people who love to exercise get laid up because of a injury and their spouse can't hardly stand to be around them during the healing process. I'm afraid I would be a lot like that.

3. Night time activities I keep thinking that a fitter me will get the wife a little more excited. This hasn't happened but I keep hoping.

What else is there do?

Day time spent on internet, night time spent on internet, morning time spent working out.

How does one find time to do a job?

landpoke 09-25-2008 04:14 PM

I'm loath to admit this because I know it will bring a million slavering boardmails from a certain bay area stretchy fabric aficionado, but I exercise because like to wear spandex. The curse of coming of age in the 80's.

DrumNFeather 09-25-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC Vikings (Post 269204)
I have seen other people who love to exercise get laid.

If it works for other people, maybe it'll work for me! :)