cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who is your most hated NBA player and why? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18796)

scottie 04-24-2008 04:25 PM

Who is your most hated NBA player and why?

Mine is Duncan because #1 his constant whining at the refs is so overboard, and #2 he's part of a team which has dominated the Jazz for about 10 straight years.

MikeWaters 04-24-2008 04:29 PM

Vujacic is easy to dislike.

He thinks he is awesome. And he isn't.

Surfah 04-24-2008 04:39 PM

Raja Bell. I hate that guy so much.

Surfah 04-24-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 212769)
Vujacic is easy to dislike.

He thinks he is awesome. And he isn't.

I read an article that said Vujacic is a vital bench player because he'll draw a vital technical or suspension this post season because an opposing player will want to punch him in the face. I think maybe Bill Simmons said that.

He's a good shooter. The Lakers would all joke about his shooting though cause in practice he's lights out. But I like that he's a big guard just how Phil prefers his guards. Can handle the ball, defend, distract opposing players, and shoot the three.

DrumNFeather 04-24-2008 05:15 PM

Right now I'd say LeBron...because he's killing my team. Followed by pretty much any other Cavs player for the same reason. Verijo is quite annoying.

Surfah 04-24-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 212793)
Right now I'd say LeBron...because he's killing my team. Followed by pretty much any other Cavs player for the same reason. Verijo is quite annoying.

I hate Larry Hughes. Completely overrated. I also hate Stephen Jackson. He's a dick who now tries to play the older, wiser, and I was misunderstood card. And JR Smith bugs the hell out of me too. I think it's because his arms look so short. And he's mouthy for no reason. Mouthing off to Kobe last night did him a lot of good.

Spaz 04-24-2008 05:33 PM

Used to be Reggie Miller (depicted by a single scene: Him running down the court with Kobe on his hip, grabbing Kobe's jersey and jerking his shoulder back repeatedly as if he was being held, all when both of Kobe's hands are up above his shoulders...).

Now, probably Duncan's bug-eyed "You called that foul? I only broke the guy's arm" look.

Greg Popovich, for his blatant use of the hack-a-shaq, is really getting on my bad side.

TripletDaddy 04-24-2008 05:58 PM

I honestly dont hate players of opposing teams. I root against them, but I dont really care much about hating them or disliking them.

The problem with going down that road is that you have to provide a reason to hate the person. And pretty much without exception, the reason is hypocritcal....because it can be applied to the athletes you support.

For example, it probably is heresy in some parts to admit, but I dont hate the U. What for? When we play them, I want to win. But other than that, I am not really hating the Utes or people that go to the school.

I prefer to spend my time and effort hating things that really matter....like gays, minorities, other religions, and illegal aliens. Dont get me started!....

cougjunkie 04-24-2008 06:03 PM

I dont really hate anyone either, but Deron Williams interviews with Locke are brutal and Deron thinks he is a bad ass and that bothers the hell out of me.

In regards to Pops hack a shaq, I think its a great strategy if it works. It worked in Game 1, but not in Game 2.

Surfah 04-24-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 212810)
I honestly dont hate players of opposing teams. I root against them, but I dont really care much about hating them or disliking them.

The problem with going down that road is that you have to provide a reason to hate the person. And pretty much without exception, the reason is hypocritcal....because it can be applied to the athletes you support.

For example, it probably is heresy in some parts to admit, but I dont hate the U. What for? When we play them, I want to win. But other than that, I am not really hating the Utes or people that go to the school.

I prefer to spend my time and effort hating things that really matter....like gays, minorities, other religions, and illegal aliens. Dont get me started!....

I am a hypocrite. But it still doesn't make me wish physical harm on some players.