cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Paula or Lance? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19889)

bluegoose 06-02-2008 04:52 PM

Paula or Lance?

Who is your voice on your iPod Nike Plus account?

For the last 200 miles, following each run, Paula Radcliffe has chimed in, congratulating me on a great run. "Hi, this is Paula(r) again. Hope you're feeling great, because you're doing great. You've completed another 500 kilometers".

Well, a couple of weeks ago, she stopped congratulating me on each run. I didn't think it would be so at the time, but I missed the sultry sound of her encouraging British voice. Way better than Lance.

Sea Chicken 06-02-2008 05:21 PM

The last one I heard was Joan Benoit Samuelson.

bluegoose 06-02-2008 06:00 PM

Dang. Its a flawed poll. I didn't know there were any other options. Maybe you have to earn new voices with the more miles that you run. I'm only a lowly Mr. 500, so they haven't even consider me a serious runner by extending a real runner male voice. Instead I did a cyclist turned runner.

Runner Coug 06-02-2008 06:32 PM

The last voice I heard was some guy saying "Did that run seriously take you that long", followed by maniacal laughing.

bigpiney 06-02-2008 06:41 PM

oh good, you got my voicemail.

Runner Coug 06-02-2008 06:45 PM

I forgot to mention, though, whoever the voice was it was very high pitched, so I guess it could have been a woman.

bigpiney 06-02-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 227644)
I forgot to mention, though, whoever the voice was it was very high pitched, so I guess it could have been a woman.

yep that was me. The hormone therapy is going great and as scheduled.

SteelBlue 06-02-2008 09:01 PM

I get both of them, depending on what amazing feat I've accomplished. I have the voice set to female though for the updates etc...

bluegoose 06-02-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 227720)
I get both of them, depending on what amazing feat I've accomplished. I have the voice set to female though for the updates etc...

I guess I have yet to accomplish any amazing feats. All I ever get is Paula. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Runner Coug 06-02-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 227720)

I actually have the voice thing turned off. For some reason that woman's voice bugs the crap out of me at the end of runs. "400 meters to go...300 meters to go..." Shut up already!