cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What does this board have left to accomplish? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24708)

MikeWaters 11-14-2008 04:26 AM

What does this board have left to accomplish?

I think we have had a pretty good run. We got some nice things done.

What does the future hold? A lot of work for me. A lot of complaining directed my way.

I mean, think about it. Jefe makes a lot of money, and he doesn't want to run CB. I make nothing.

Am I held to a higher standard than probably any admin on the internet? It wouldn't surprise me. After all, we know 1) how Mormons expect something for nothing, and 2) how awful the fans of BYU and Utah are.

I'm BANNED on cougarboard. I can't even send people boardmails. Yet most of you will continue to give your support to CB, despite crappy and arbitrary decisions by him and his supporting crew.

Frankly, I'm getting a little bit tired of being held to this standard. I'm getting tired of many of you, who as Rocky has quite adeptly pointed out, aren't quite as smart and interesting as you think.

So, when some of you pull up your stakes and head on out, good for you. The grazing isn't nearly as good as it was, the water is fouled, the weather is bad, and the Indians aren't as friendly as they used to be. You go on down the trail to the greener pastures where all the good stuff is.

The few of us that want to stay on this hard-baked god forsaken dry cracked clay are going to stay. And if at the end of the day, it's just me, that's fine too. I could use some peace and quiet.

If you are reading this, and feeling inspired to move on--follow that inspiration. Please. Because it's going to get a hell of a lot worse here before it's going to get better. If it ever does get better. If you choose to stay--fine. But be prepared to suffer. Those are the only people I want. The ones who will suffer. The rest of you get lost.

TripletDaddy 11-14-2008 04:28 AM

I want to suffer.

I'm here for you, mikewaters. I won't leave your side. Ever.

BarbaraGordon 11-14-2008 04:42 AM

Mike, you will ever be my idol.

Archaea 11-14-2008 04:46 AM

I am loyal, never wavering. I was here in the beginning and shall be here until the end, even if I'm older than you thought.

BarbaraGordon 11-14-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295029)
I am loyal, never wavering. I was here in the beginning and shall be here until the end.

Aw, man. That sucks. I was really hoping for some kind of "et tu, Brute" moment.

Archaea 11-14-2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 295031)
Aw, man. That sucks. I was really hoping for some kind of "et tu, Brute" moment.

We will forever love our impish sooner girl.

BarbaraGordon 11-14-2008 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 295032)
We will forever love our impish sooner girl.

Of course y'all will. That reminds me.

Mike, this one's for you:

SeattleUte 11-14-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 295024)
I think we have had a pretty good run. We got some nice things done.

What does the future hold? A lot of work for me. A lot of complaining directed my way.

I mean, think about it. Jefe makes a lot of money, and he doesn't want to run CB. I make nothing.

Am I held to a higher standard than probably any admin on the internet? It wouldn't surprise me. After all, we know 1) how Mormons expect something for nothing, and 2) how awful the fans of BYU and Utah are.

I'm BANNED on cougarboard. I can't even send people boardmails. Yet most of you will continue to give your support to CB, despite crappy and arbitrary decisions by him and his supporting crew.

Frankly, I'm getting a little bit tired of being held to this standard. I'm getting tired of many of you, who as Rocky has quite adeptly pointed out, aren't quite as smart and interesting as you think.

So, when some of you pull up your stakes and head on out, good for you. The grazing isn't nearly as good as it was, the water is fouled, the weather is bad, and the Indians aren't as friendly as they used to be. You go on down the trail to the greener pastures where all the good stuff is.

The few of us that want to stay on this hard-baked god forsaken dry cracked clay are going to stay. And if at the end of the day, it's just me, that's fine too. I could use some peace and quiet.

If you are reading this, and feeling inspired to move on--follow that inspiration. Please. Because it's going to get a hell of a lot worse here before it's going to get better. If it ever does get better. If you choose to stay--fine. But be prepared to suffer. Those are the only people I want. The ones who will suffer. The rest of you get lost.

This deserves one of my signature lol's.

UtahDan 11-14-2008 08:52 PM

http://sharecare.files.wordpress.com.../the-cross.jpg

jay santos 11-14-2008 09:33 PM

I'm thoroughly confused. I don't want to pile on you, Mike.

But realistically, I don't read and post on internet forums out of loyalty to the list owners. I post where I find interesting discussion.