cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Literae Humaniores (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Old School Contraception (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11883)

Solon 09-17-2007 08:43 PM

Old School Contraception

So, my insurance won't cover birth control. Doesn't seem like a smart financial move, since it covers pregnancy and childbirth almost completely, but hey, whatever.

I recently stumbled across a home recipe for birth control in Pliny's Natural History (29.27.85). Feel free to try it out.

tertium genus est eodem phalangi nomine araneus lanuginosus, grandissimo capite, quo dissecto inveniri intus dicuntur vermiculi duo adalligatique mulieribus pelle cervina ante solis ortum praestare, ne concipiant

"There is also a third type of phalangium, a hairy spider with an enormous head. When this is cut open, there are said to be found inside two little worms, which, having been attached to women in deer skin before sunrise, ensure that they do not conceive."

Anyone know where I can find a tarantula?

Donuthole 09-18-2007 07:33 PM

Or you could try Archaea's version of Old School contraception . . . abstinence.

Mrs. Funk 11-04-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 124687)
So, my insurance won't cover birth control. Doesn't seem like a smart financial move, since it covers pregnancy and childbirth almost completely, but hey, whatever.

My insurance doesn't cover birth control, either! What's up with that? How have you gotten around it, or are you just paying the uninsured price like me?

Seriously, the BYU student insurance is atrocious anyway, and the noncoverage of contraceptives is probably somebody's not so subtle statement against them.

marsupial 11-04-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk (Post 145759)
My insurance doesn't cover birth control, either! What's up with that? How have you gotten around it, or are you just paying the uninsured price like me?

Seriously, the BYU student insurance is atrocious anyway, and the noncoverage of contraceptives is probably somebody's not so subtle statement against them.

One word: Trojan. No bitchy side effects and it makes for an easy clean up.

Archaea 11-04-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 145769)
One word: Trojan. No bitchy side effects and it makes for an easy clean up.

Get a couple of boxes and hide them in the car and everywhere else and you're good to go for a couple of weeks.

cougjunkie 11-04-2007 11:32 PM

Just pull out.

Archaea 11-04-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 145773)
Just pull out.

coitus interruptus is the best form to create parents.

69 is a great form of birth control.

MikeWaters 11-04-2007 11:48 PM

Health insurance doesn't cover fresh fruit, vegetables, vitamin pills, natural spring water, and lots of other things.

It's called lifestyle choices. You'll be happier when you realize that, instead of complaining about it.

cougjunkie 11-04-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 145784)
Health insurance doesn't cover fresh fruit, vegetables, vitamin pills, natural spring water, and lots of other things.

It's called lifestyle choices. You'll be happier when you realize that, instead of complaining about it.

Spoken like a doctor.

Mrs. Funk 11-05-2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 145784)

I don't know if it's accurate to equate noncoverage of vegetables to a prescription oral contraceptive. And it's not uncommon for insurances to cover contraceptives.