cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bad news for Palin (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23526)

SteelBlue 10-11-2008 02:47 AM

Bad news for Palin

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ion/index.html

SoCalCoug 10-11-2008 03:27 AM

No, it's not.

Signed,

Tex

Ma'ake 10-11-2008 03:44 AM

Does McCain now bench Palin & get Mitt to pinch hit?

It would have to be quick, and the drama around Palin's downfall would take up cycles, maybe too much time would elapse... but I wouldn't bet against McCain trying to pull something like that off.

Another hail mary?

Tex 10-11-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma'ake (Post 278130)
does mccain now bench palin & get mitt to pinch hit?

It would have to be quick, and the drama around palin's downfall would take up cycles, maybe too much time would elapse... But i wouldn't bet against mccain trying to pull something like that off.

Another hail mary?

lol.

BlueHair 10-11-2008 04:04 AM

Yawn. Another politician abusing their power.

SeattleUte 10-11-2008 04:42 AM

The trooper didn't really tazer his step son and witnesses didn't really see him twice drinking on the job?

Jeff Lebowski 10-11-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 278143)
The trooper didn't really tazer his step son and witnesses didn't really see him twice drinking on the job?

Aren't there numerous management layers above the office of trooper? Don't you find it a bit odd that Palin would be micro-managing at this level? Don't you think it would have been most ethical had she excused herself from the process due to conflict of interest and asked someone else to review the case?

SeattleUte 10-11-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 278144)
Aren't there numerous management layers above the office of trooper? Don't you find it a bit odd that Palin would be micro-managing at this level? Don't you think it would have been most ethical had she excused herself from the process due to conflict of interest and asked someone else to review the case?

Where Palin hasn't had a chance to put anyone under oath or cross-examine witnesses, nor obtain documents, etc. from the compalining witnesses, nor be judged impartially, I don't put much stock. I've never seen an impartial prosecutor. This seems like a strange process to me; in federal special prosecutions the prosecutor has to bring charges, prove his case, etc. See Ken Starr and Bill Clinton. This by definition is a kangaroo court. I see no indicia of due process at all.

I'm not defending Palin. I'm just always amazed at how gullible everyone is. This seems like politics, and, like I said, kangaroo court.

Levin 10-11-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 278147)
Where Palin hasn't had a chance to put anyone under oath or cross-examine witnesses, nor obtain documents, etc. from the compalining witnesses, nor be judged impartially, I don't put much stock. I've never seen an impartial prosecutor. This seems like a strange process to me; in federal special prosecutions the prosecutor has to bring charges, prove his case, etc. See Ken Starr and Bill Clinton. This by definition is a kangaroo court. I see no indicia of due process at all.

I'm not defending Palin. I'm just always amazed at how gullible everyone is. This seems like politics, and, like I said, kangaroo court.

I agree wholeheartedly. And in any event, taken the salient underlying facts, I don't care if she did abuse her power. Any trooper that (1) taser's his own son (using a weapon of the State to punish his child; (2) drinks on the job; (3) makes death threats against the executive familiy -- should be fired without any delay.

SoonerCoug 10-11-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 278156)
I agree wholeheartedly. And in any event, taken the salient underlying facts, I don't care if she did abuse her power. Any trooper that (1) taser's his own son (using a weapon of the State to punish his child; (2) drinks on the job; (3) makes death threats against the executive familiy -- should be fired without any delay.

Are those things really true? I'm not convinced.