cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Should I buy an upper level ticket from BYU (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23650)

MikeWaters 10-15-2008 05:59 PM

Should I buy an upper level ticket from BYU

or should I try and get a scalped ticket?

What are the chances I can get a lower bowl ticket for less than face value or at face value, esp. if the game is soldout.

I only need 1 ticket.

SeattleUte 10-15-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 279576)
What are the chances I can get a lower bowl ticket for less than face value or at face value, esp. if the game is soldout.

Very likely. 30 min. before gametime you might get one for less than face value. I do it all the time.

il Padrino Ute 10-15-2008 06:03 PM

I'm a cheapskate, so I always go for the lower price. If you just want to get into the stadium to see the game, get the upper bowl. The upper bowl gives you a better view of the field anyway, which, IMO, is a plus.

RockyBalboa 10-15-2008 06:31 PM

in a small stadium like that if you can get a seat anywhere on the sideline there really isn't a bad view anywhere.

TripletDaddy 10-15-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

I only need 1 ticket.

if you only need 1, definitely buy at the venue. Singles are a scalpers best friend.

I am excited for you to enter into this new world. Your eyes will be opened.

ute4ever 10-15-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 279577)
Very likely. 30 min. before gametime you might get one for less than face value. I do it all the time.

At games in TCU or UW?

cougjunkie 10-15-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 279577)

They have scalpers at the ballet?

SeattleUte 10-15-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 279579)
I'm a cheapskate, so I always go for the lower price. If you just want to get into the stadium to see the game, get the upper bowl. The upper bowl gives you a better view of the field anyway, which, IMO, is a plus.

UW, Mariners, Seahawks, others. I've even been to NCAA final four games where singles could be bought cheap. BYU-TCU isn't the Super Bowl, though I'm sure it's a hot ticket Thursday night in Dallas.

I can't imagine Waters couldn't drop by the stadium and pick up a ticket off of someone better than upper deck.

BlueK 10-15-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

I only need 1 ticket.

the lower bowl in the corner is a worse seat than the upper deck closer to the middle. At least, that's what I think. I like a better angle more than being up close. Last year I was only 10 or so rows up but in the corner. I hate not being able to see the play develop if I'm there in person. I won't be in the BYU section, but I will have 40 yard line seats. The upper deck at Amon Carter is a good seat. It hangs over the lower bowl so you are nowhere near as far from the action as you would be high up at LES.

il Padrino Ute 10-16-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 279729)
UW, Mariners, Seahawks, others. I've even been to NCAA final four games where singles could be bought cheap. BYU-TCU isn't the Super Bowl, though I'm sure it's a hot ticket Thursday night in Dallas.

I can't imagine Waters couldn't drop by the stadium and pick up a ticket off of someone better than upper deck.

That is a fair point, especially if he's willing to miss the opening kickoff.