cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   LA area singles wards (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24034)

creekster 10-27-2008 05:45 PM

LA area singles wards

A firend of mine has a niece (yes, she is attractive) who is about 24 and is relocating to Los ANgeles for a new job in marketing. She is trying to figure out where to loive and asked me if I had any input int othe sinlges wards scene. Because it has been about 25 years since I last stepped foot into a singles ward in LA, I decided my info was a bit stale.

She is looking into the following areas that will work for her job: MDR, PLaya Del Rey, West LA, manhattan beach and Santa monica. Does anyone have any input about singles wards in the Southland? TIA

(Not sure if this is the right forum, but chit chat didn't seem right either).

Archaea 10-27-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 284830)
A firend of mine has a niece (yes, she is attractive) who is about 24 and is relocating to Los ANgeles for a new job in marketing. She is trying to figure out where to loive and asked me if I had any input int othe sinlges wards scene. Because it has been about 25 years since I last stepped foot into a singles ward in LA, I decided my info was a bit stale.

She is looking into the following areas that will work for her job: MDR, PLaya Del Rey, West LA, manhattan beach and Santa monica. Does anyone have any input about singles wards in the Southland? TIA

So are you trying to get her a date?

Some of us don't date below 25 year olds, or are you actually seeking information from BDB and DDD?

RockyBalboa 10-27-2008 05:50 PM

BDB is the person to ask here.

creekster 10-27-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 284838)
So are you trying to get her a date?

Some of us don't date below 25 year olds, or are you actually seeking information from BDB and DDD?

I don't really know her. SHould I withdraw the post and just boardmail?

TripletDaddy 10-27-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

She seems to be moving right into the heart of the LA singles scene. BDB may be able to speak to the singles wards themselves, but I can vouch that she is moving to some very fun, cool areas in general....restaurants, night life, proximity to beach activities, etc..

Judging by his past stories and pics, I wouldn't be surprised if ute4ever has left a trail of broken-hearted bodies up LA way.

I have been out of the singles dating scene for about 2 years now, so I am not the right person to ask.

Archaea 10-27-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 284841)
I don't really know her. SHould I withdraw the post and just boardmail?

Jeez, calm down old man. You're wound too tight.

Leave it up here as I would imagine we have more familiar with the scene than my joke implied.

creekster 10-27-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 284846)
Jeez, calm down old man. You're wound too tight.

Leave it up here as I would imagine we have more familiar with the scene than my joke implied.

No, I was serious. I wasn't sure how to deal with it in the first place. (Plus, my PM box if almost full and I am too lazy to celan it out. )

creekster 10-27-2008 05:55 PM

YIKES!! WHat a bad typo. She is trying to figure out where to MOVE not where to, whatever that is thaT I typed. Sorry and thanks for the input so far.

Flystripper 10-27-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

West LA from MDR north is more active in terms of LDS singles than the South bay (Manhattan Hermosa, Redondo etc. ) Until her recent birthday my sis was a member of the LA LDS single scene and loved it. Now she is relegated to the family ward though.

Donuthole 10-27-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 284845)
I have been out of the singles dating scene for about 2 years now, so I am not the right person to ask.

Seriously, once the kids get past the early-toddler stage, they cease to engender the attraction by the ladies anymore. Though I imagine you got slightly more mileage out of yours, seeing as they're triplets and all.