cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Crazy roommate stories (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13493)

ute4ever 11-02-2007 11:10 PM

Crazy roommate stories

Here you can tell about some of the offbeat people you have lived with.

I have been fortunate to have had many awesome roommates, but my current one is a rather curious character. I know I've shared examples before.

Yesterday, the hand soap dispenser was empty, and his 100 oz. Costco refill bottle had very little left, so he decided to stretch the remains by mixing it with tap water, about half and half.

When I pumped on the hand dispenser, the contents shot across the sink and hit my shirt, because the consistency was so thin. So last night while out shopping, I bought a new refill. I dumped out his water mixture and topped it off with the new stuff.

Today, he is upset because I threw out his personal property.

I pointed out that his last bottle lasted for over a year, served its purpose, and what I dumped out was mostly water, and I replaced it with actual hand soap.

But no, what I did was show disrespect for his things.

Black Diamond Bay 11-02-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ute4ever (Post 145429)
Here you can tell about some of the offbeat people you have lived with.

I have been fortunate to have had many awesome roommates, but my current one is a rather curious character. I know I've shared examples before.

Yesterday, the hand soap dispenser was empty, and his 100 oz. Costco refill bottle had very little left, so he decided to stretch the remains by mixing it with tap water, about half and half.

When I pumped on the hand dispenser, the contents shot across the sink and hit my shirt, because the consistency was so thin. So last night while out shopping, I bought a new refill. I dumped out his water mixture and topped it off with the new stuff.

Today, he is upset because I threw out his personal property.

I pointed out that his last bottle lasted for over a year, served its purpose, and what I dumped out was mostly water, and I replaced it with actual hand soap.

But no, what I did was show disrespect for his things.

Oh I have one. I had a roommate who was watching me get ready for church one Sunday. Just doing my hair and makeup. After she'd been watching for a few minutes she said to me "I really wish that I cared as much about my appearance as you do about yours."

I asked her what she meant by that, and she said that she had noticed that I shower every day, I brush and floss my teeth, I use mouthwash, I do my hair, I put on makeup, I shave my legs, and armpits, and I even make sure my toenails look nice when I wear open-toed shoes.

She then proceeded to tell me that she doesn't shower every day, sometimes forgets to rinse off before she gets out of the shower (I still haven't figured out how that's even possible), only shaves when she's wearing a short skirt, never even considers what her toenails look like, doesn't care what her hair looks like, rarely wants to take the time to put on makeup, and frequently forgets to brush, hates flossing, and doesn't own a toothbrush.

I didn't really know what to say to that. Seriously, what can you say to that? She ended up getting married and her future mil sent her to personal hygiene classes as part of the wedding preparations. Until then I didn't know that those kind of classes even existed...for the record, they don't help.

creekster 11-02-2007 11:38 PM

I once splurged and bought a large jar of Honey to put on my Shredded Wheat cereal. One of my roommates decided his ice cream sandwich would taste better if he dipped it in my honey. I was disgusted as it left a huge collection of debris and residue floating in my honey jar. He was offended that I was disgusted.

Btw, the preceding was literal, not symbolic, representational or euphemistic.

BigFatMeanie 11-02-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 145434)

I shower every day, I brush and floss my teeth, I use mouthwash, I do my hair, I put on makeup, I shave my legs, and armpits, and I even make sure my toenails look nice when I wear open-toed shoes.

You don't use deodorant? Gross!

Black Diamond Bay 11-03-2007 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 145440)
You don't use deodorant? Gross!

Nope, I'm like Matthew McConaughey, I think I have a great natural scent, and I want to share it with everyone around me. ;)

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....naughey_stinks

MikeWaters 11-03-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 145445)
Nope, I'm like Matthew McConaughey, I think I have a great natural scent, and I want to share it with everyone around me. ;)

Me too. I have great natural scent. It keeps me alone and gives me peace.

creekster 11-03-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 145445)

I used to NEED it every day. As I get older, I find a couple of times a week is good. Of course, it could just be that I no longer care what anyone else thinks.

Black Diamond Bay 11-03-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 145450)
I used to NEED it every day. As I get older, I find a couple of times a week is good. Of course, it could just be that I no longer care what anyone else thinks.

Since it seems like there's always somebody out there that takes these posts seriously, I feel like maybe I should be very clear that I use deodorant every day, without exception.

creekster 11-03-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 145452)
Since it seems like there's always somebody out there that takes these posts seriously, I feel like maybe I should be very clear that I use deodorant every day, without exception.

Oh. IN that case, I'm joking too. Yea, that's right, it's all a big joke. Ha ha.

MikeWaters 11-03-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 145453)
Oh. IN that case, I'm joking too. Yea, that's right, it's all a big joke. Ha ha.

I use it most days. But I say I have to love my BO. They should name it "acid" and sell it. Zulu can confirm.