cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rush Limbaugh is a buffoon (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4790)

MikeWaters 10-26-2006 05:05 AM

Rush Limbaugh is a buffoon

So now he has accused Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's related dyskinesia. Saying he exaggerated the movements.

There's even footage of Rush mocking Fox, by mimicing the movements.

Man does that guy carry the GOP's water. It's funny how these morally suspect men, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, are basically the media face of the GOP.

And yet there continue to be men who sit and listen to Rush talk about his golf game and the latest NFL game. As if they are just fantasizing about Rush giving them a lap dance. It's beyond pathetic.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/n...J._Fox_a_faker

Here's one of Fox's ads. BTW, the dyskinesia is not the result of not taking medicine. It's the result of the medicine itself. Without the medicine he would look like a zombie. He would barely be able to move. Although the movements look terribly uncomfortable, patients will tell you that it is infinitely more comfortable to be gyrating as the result of these meds, than to feel trapped and immobilized inside your own body.

Cali Coug 10-26-2006 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 42523)
So now he has accused Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's related dyskinesia. Saying he exaggerated the movements.

There's even footage of Rush mocking Fox, by mimicing the movements.

Man does that guy carry the GOP's water. It's funny how these morally suspect men, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, are basically the media face of the GOP.

And yet there continue to be men who sit and listen to Rush talk about his golf game and the latest NFL game. As if they are just fantasizing about Rush giving them a lap dance. It's beyond pathetic.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/n...J._Fox_a_faker

Here's one of Fox's ads. BTW, the dyskinesia is not the result of not taking medicine. It's the result of the medicine itself. Without the medicine he would look like a zombie. He would barely be able to move. Although the movements look terribly uncomfortable, patients will tell you that it is infinitely more comfortable to be gyrating as the result of these meds, than to feel trapped and immobilized inside your own body.

Rush's comments may just be an exaggeration to bring attention to the tragedy that is an addition to pain killers. :)

Detroitdad 10-26-2006 06:04 AM

At least Rush found a way to get in the news. Am I wrong or is his wave cresting? Or did it crest awhile back?

Frank Ryan 10-26-2006 06:29 PM

People who like and adore

Rush aren't conservatives, they are pricks.

The man is evil.

SteelBlue 10-26-2006 07:11 PM

Can someone please explain to me why anyone is opposed to stem cell research anyway? These are donated zygotes that otherwise would be frozen and never used. How is being frozen a better fate than being used for research?

Venkman 10-26-2006 07:56 PM

I like Rush. although I don't adore him. I generally agree with his opinions, and I find him entertaining. I heard his piece of MJF, and it didn't come across on the radio the way it's portrayed by the media. At least not to me.

But I'm just a prick, so what do I know.

RockyBalboa 10-26-2006 08:04 PM

Anyone ever been close to someone with Parkinson's?

I'm sure a few of you have. While I don't doubt that it's a hard row to hoe for MJF, and I think that Rush was out of line....I will say,,,with the older folk I've spent much time around afflicted with that disease...folk in their 60's and 70's.....I've NEVER seen any of them shake even remotely close as bad and he was on those commercials.

Was he acting it up more than he really does shake? I really don't know. Even if he was, so what. I don't think it's a big deal.

Sleeping in EQ 10-26-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 42533)
At least Rush found a way to get in the news. Am I wrong or is his wave cresting? Or did it crest awhile back?

The guy has definitely lost momentum. I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.

Detroitdad 10-26-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 42596)
The guy has definitely lost momentum. I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.

I think that these programs started the ball rolling on the partisanship. Now that the partisan atmosphere is a poisonous as it is maybe they have served their purpose. They are showing some signs of decay.

SteelBlue 10-26-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 42596)
I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.

I have my doubts that you are correct on this one. I think it may be as popular as ever. Hannity is now the ratings king. OReilly and Rush still pull good ratings as far as I know. I've not seen any evidence that conservative talk radio is on the decline. Rush doesn't rule the ratings anymore, but I'd bet he still has a sizeable marketshare.