cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   24 (aka Television crack cocaine) (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3094)

fuegote 07-12-2006 05:06 PM

24 (aka Television crack cocaine)

My wife and I missed the first couple of episodes of 24: season 3 when it first aird so we just stopped watching it....

when spring started we watched season three (thank you dvd) in 1.5 weeks.

Just finished the last 12 episodes of season four Sat, Sun and Monday.

was up until 1:30 (after the RSL match) watching the first 3 episodes of season 5 and I could have stayed up watching the last 5 hours we have on the Tivo just as easily.

My name is fuegote, and I'm a 24 addict.

TheSizzle36 07-12-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote
My wife and I missed the first couple of episodes of 24: season 3 when it first aird so we just stopped watching it....

when spring started we watched season three (thank you dvd) in 1.5 weeks.

Just finished the last 12 episodes of season four Sat, Sun and Monday.

was up until 1:30 (after the RSL match) watching the first 3 episodes of season 5 and I could have stayed up watching the last 5 hours we have on the Tivo just as easily.

My name is fuegote, and I'm a 24 addict.

Hi Fuegote.

When I got engaged to my wife last year, she told me that I needed to watch 24. I was a little reluctant at first because I'm not a huge TV watcher. I had a hard time getting into Season 1. It took me 3 episodes. Then I was hooked. I watched Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3 in the span of about 2 months.

I was depressed because after that I had no more 24 to watch. Well, lucky for me I had school and football to keep me busy. Then, we found out Season 4 would be coming out on DVD in December. I was excited. We got Season 4 for Christmas, and, while I was down having had a knee scope, we watched Season 4 in a matter of 3 days (if I was not watching 24 I was sleeping, literally) and were ready for Season 5.

Great show.

My name is TheSizzle, Jack Bauer is my hero, and I am a 24 addict.

ute4ever 07-12-2006 09:28 PM

The girl I've been seeing is a big-time fan of 24. When I called her back in March, to pick her up for our first date, when she answered, I said, "Chloe this is Jack. Terrorists are planning to hit your condo, but I don't have a satellite feed. I need directions so I can come and save you."

It worked like a charm.

All-American 07-12-2006 09:55 PM

Chuck Norris can watch an entire season of 24 in seven hours. And that includes the time it took him to eat a pizza and make love to your wife.

TheSizzle36 07-12-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-American
Chuck Norris can watch an entire season of 24 in seven hours. And that includes the time it took him to eat a pizza and make love to your wife.

LOL

Colly Wolly 07-12-2006 11:51 PM

Great show. I have listed the seasons in order of my personal preference.

1. Season 1
2. Season 2
3. Season 4
4. Season 5
5. Season 3

il Padrino Ute 07-13-2006 01:32 AM

Personally, I've never understood the appeal of 24. It's not a bad show - I've watched it occassionally when it's been on and I happened across it, but it's never done much for me.

Perhaps I watch too much History Channel and sports?

Colly Wolly 07-13-2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
Personally, I've never understood the appeal of 24. It's not a bad show - I've watched it occassionally when it's been on and I happened across it, but it's never done much for me.

Perhaps I watch too much History Channel and sports?

You have to watch all of the episodes in succession. Go get the first disc of season 1 and watch it. You shall be hooked.

il Padrino Ute 07-13-2006 02:03 AM

Ok, on your reccommendation, I'll give it a try. Can I get it from Netflicks?

Colly Wolly 07-13-2006 02:05 AM

I would imagine so. Blockbuster online has it. If you dont like it....sorry if I over-hyped it.