cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Expectations from Utenation for TCU? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4480)

Archaea 10-05-2006 03:45 PM

Expectations from Utenation for TCU?

Any analysis link?

I haven't followed, except very superficially the Utes' games, but I am curious as to expectations for this TCU game.

Mormon Red Death 10-05-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 39313)
Any analysis link?

I haven't followed, except very superficially the Utes' games, but I am curious as to expectations for this TCU game.

Well seeings how their QB and best two RBs are hurt. I am expecting a win. In the vein of 17-7

DrumNFeather 10-05-2006 04:13 PM

I'm expecting the team to shake off the BSU loss and show some fire (like they showed on...oh, the first drive of the BSU game).

What this team needs is a sustained effort against a good opponent. They have every reason to be motivated and they need to back up what they've been saying in the short time since the BSU loss. If that loss truly means nothing in terms of winning the conference, then the team should have every opportunity to prove that tonight.

31-21

fuegote 10-05-2006 04:19 PM

I just want to go to work with a smile on my face on Friday.

Archaea 10-05-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuegote (Post 39325)
I just want to go to work with a smile on my face on Friday.

Can't Mrs. Fuegote do a better job helping you out in that department?

il Padrino Ute 10-05-2006 05:48 PM

I'm not as optimistic as my fellow Ute fans. While I'd be happy with a win, I just don't see it happening.

TCU wins it 27-10.

Jeff Lebowski 10-05-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 39347)
I'm not as optimistic as my fellow Ute fans. While I'd be happy with a win, I just don't see it happening.

TCU wins it 27-10.

Keep your expectations low and you are seldom disappointed. That's my motto.

il Padrino Ute 10-05-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 39349)
Keep your expectations low and you are seldom disappointed. That's my motto.

Amen.

Goatnapper'96 10-05-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 39347)

TCU wins it 27-10.

I don't think TCU scores 27 points. I think TCU wins because they will make fewer mistakes. They had turnovers against BYU, I doubt they lose the TO margin twice in a row. Last week BYU beat TCU, TCU did not beat themselves. I think Utah is more likely to beat themselves. I am in the 13-6 camp.

I understand the weather will be nasty down that way. Wet and windy. I doubt either team establishes much run or any pass either. It will come down to turnovers and game changing special teams play.

fuegote 10-05-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 39327)
Can't Mrs. Fuegote do a better job helping you out in that department?

She does almost every night.