cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ran 8:00 min/mile pace today (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15792)

MikeWaters 01-11-2008 03:00 AM

Ran 8:00 min/mile pace today

for half a mile. This was an improvement over Tues. Tues I ran much faster, but only for about 600m.

danimal 01-11-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 173313)
for half a mile. This was an improvement over Tues. Tues I ran much faster, but only for about 600m.

It looks like we're in the same boat -- our wives would smoke us in a race.

i've been starting to run more lately and I'm embarrassingly slow.

MikeWaters 01-11-2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danimal (Post 173328)
It looks like we're in the same boat -- our wives would smoke us in a race.

i've been starting to run more lately and I'm embarrassingly slow.

I would win any race up to about half a mile.

Some of us are thoroughbreds, and some of us are camels.

The Borg 01-11-2008 04:01 AM

I may mix in a bit of running this summer combined with the cycling. I've heard that if you only ride...it tends to lessen your bone density? Not sure about that...but I have a few guys that ride a lot and they both are of the same opinion.

So, if my bone density loses much,...I may collapse in a heap of jelly in the not to distant future.

Waters: What's up with the avatar of GP?

MikeWaters 01-11-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Borg (Post 173339)
Waters: What's up with the avatar of GP?

Goatnapper called me out for me having said in early fall 2006 that I thought Gary Patterson was a better coach than Bronco.

Since then I have shown to the world Goat's ridiculous proclamations about the greatness of Joe Glenn.

So again, I am looking pretty, and napper is looking like someone who wandered out of a UofU restroom with a copy of national geographic under one arm, and a grin on his face.

The Borg 01-11-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 173344)
Goatnapper called me out for me having said in early fall 2006 that I thought Gary Patterson was a better coach than Bronco.

Since then I have shown to the world Goat's ridiculous proclamations about the greatness of Joe Glenn.

So again, I am looking pretty, and napper is looking like someone who wandered out of a UofU restroom with a copy of national geographic under one arm, and a grin on his face.

Nice.

This ought to elicit a cleverly composed reply from Goat.

marsupial 01-11-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 173333)

Enough of the camel comparison already!

bluegoose 01-11-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that Farrah could handle you in a half mile race right now. I hate to break it to you, but she can do a 4:00 1/2 mile in her sleep. You'll be close,a dn possibly in the lead, for the first 400 meters, but she'd gradually drop the hammer the last 400 and leave you begging for mercy.

You're going to have to do better than that.

Archaea 01-11-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 173543)
I'm pretty sure that Farrah could handle you in a half mile race right now. I hate to break it to you, but she can do a 4:00 1/2 mile in her sleep. You'll be close,a dn possibly in the lead, for the first 400 meters, but she'd gradually drop the hammer the last 400 and leave you begging for mercy.

You're going to have to do better than that.

How can a guy who claims to have broken fifty seconds in the quarter labor through a four minute half?

Should a fifty second guy be chewing out at least a 1:58 or sub 2:00? I'm slower than slow in sprinting, [I may have broken 12 seconds in 100 meters once], but 4:00 in a half? You can stop and take a piss and still beat that.

FMCoug 01-11-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

And yet others of us are sloths.