cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am genuinely depressed from Cougarboard today. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7742)

Cali Coug 04-17-2007 04:44 PM

I am genuinely depressed from Cougarboard today.

One step forward for BYU in making its announcement of a policy change, two steps back for the students who post on CB.

This really is sad.

FarrahWaters 04-17-2007 04:49 PM

I missed it. What is the policy change?

RockyBalboa 04-17-2007 04:54 PM

You're being overly dramatic.

Jeff Lebowski 04-17-2007 04:59 PM

I need to stay away from CB today. I already let K-dog get to me.

Cali Coug 04-17-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 74275)
You're being overly dramatic.

No, unfortunately I am not.

FMCoug 04-17-2007 05:08 PM

You people never cease to amaze me. Homosexuality is WRONG! The Lord has said it and has been reaffirmed through his mouthpiece. If you have a problem with that, it is not with CougarBoarders, it is with the Lord and/or His Church.

I didn't see any posts today that displayed true bigotry or hatred towards gays. Please provide links if I missed some. But the gay movement and there liberal buddies equate any statement about homosexuality being wrong as "bigotry".

non sequitur 04-17-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 74281)
You people never cease to amaze me. Homosexuality is WRONG! The Lord has said it and has been reaffirmed through his mouthpiece. If you have a problem with that, it is not with CougarBoarders, it is with the Lord and/or His Church.

I didn't see any posts today that displayed true bigotry or hatred towards gays. Please provide links if I missed some. But the gay movement and there liberal buddies equate any statement about homosexuality being wrong as "bigotry".

You're from Texas, right?

FMCoug 04-17-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 74282)
You're from Texas, right?

Yes, what does that have to do with anything?

RockyBalboa 04-17-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 74279)
No, unfortunately I am not.

You guys take stuff you read on CB with too much liberal salt and I don't mean that in an insulting way.

I've mentioned many times I don't take very seriously what people say on an internet messaging board.

My genuine question on the topic is this: What genuinely do you propose? The church will never be accepting of the homosexual lifestyle/behavior. They never will. It isn't going to happen. Just like the church will never be accepting of a heterosexual acting out as well.

Yeah I know,,,everyone is gonna say,,,"But it's different for homosexuals because they are shunned",,,and I don't really disagree with that but I don't think that's an entirely accurate statement either.

You and most in the church who feel differently about homosexuality will never see eye to eye on the issue and the reason for that is because the crux of the matter is.....there are many who don't believe they are born that way,,,and others who believe they are born that, thus robbed of choice.

That is at the fundamental heart of the matter. If most agreed that it wasn't their choice then I think you'd see attitudes and opinions closer to yours and others with a liberal slant of things.

Me? I don't believe they're born that way. I believe that using that as an excuse for the challenge is a convenient way to absolve them of their accountability and believing that way doesn't make me a bigot towards homosexuals,,,it simply makes me have a different belief system. I'm a heterosexual, but I don't absolve myself of my choices that ended up in discipline in the past. I have a testimony of the reality of things and accept it.

I don't hate homosexuals and never have, but regardless of what I say, I'm sure many liberals will place my stance as a bigoted one and that's fine.

UtahDan 04-17-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 74281)
You people never cease to amaze me. Homosexuality is WRONG!

Homosexual feelings or homosexual acts? This is the distinction that BYU just drew, right?