cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The church has spoken... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24421)

The_Tick 11-05-2008 08:37 PM

The church has spoken...

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/...marriage-votes

Go ahead and disect...

TripletDaddy 11-05-2008 08:47 PM

Woohoo! I'm not in trouble for voting no!

Tex, you have to work with me to help build the future. The Church said so. ha ha!

RockyBalboa 11-05-2008 08:50 PM

That's so bigoted.

Tex 11-05-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 290665)
Woohoo! I'm not in trouble for voting no!

Tex, you have to work with me to help build the future. The Church said so. ha ha!

Racist.

TripletDaddy 11-05-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 290691)
Racist.

If you refuse to work with me to build the future, you are in open rebellion against the Church and its leaders.

You were already grossly incorrect about North Carolina. Please don't make the same prideful mistake now.

I am willing to look beyond your repeated tasteless sexist and sacriligeous comments and reach across the aisle.

Tex 11-05-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 290703)
If you refuse to work with me to build the future, you are in open rebellion against the Church and its leaders.

You were already grossly incorrect about North Carolina. Please don't make the same prideful mistake now.

I am willing to look beyond your repeated tasteless sexist and sacriligeous comments and reach across the aisle.

For all this my anger is not turned away, but my hand is stretched out still.

BlueHair 11-05-2008 09:38 PM

I want to thank all of the Californians that voted yes for saving us. God was ready to turn us into salt or something, but you changed his mind. I will be eternally grateful.

OrangeUte 11-05-2008 09:49 PM

"Allegations of bigotry or persecution made against the Church were and are simply wrong..."

I love this quote - it's my favorite... The Church is saying - we don't like being called bigots, and you are wrong for calling us that because we say you are wrong! Nevertheless, if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck etc etc - - - then it's a duck! no amount of calling it something else changes the fact that it's a duck!

The church's opposition to prop 8 was bigotted and the campaign the church ran was nothing more than spreading fear and making false claims.

Tex 11-05-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeUte (Post 290717)
"Allegations of bigotry or persecution made against the Church were and are simply wrong..."

I love this quote - it's my favorite... The Church is saying - we don't like being called bigots, and you are wrong for calling us that because we say you are wrong! Nevertheless, if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck etc etc - - - then it's a duck! no amount of calling it something else changes the fact that it's a duck!

The church's opposition to prop 8 was bigotted and the campaign the church ran was nothing more than spreading fear and making false claims.

Heh. Losing sucks, doesn't it?

FMCoug 11-05-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeUte (Post 290717)

Link? Please provide a link to some example of the so-called bigotry by the Church (not members on their own). The Church itself.