cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Prison rape (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18145)

UtahDan 04-01-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 203816)
what if a certain someone hawking vaseline appeared in the thread?

That is an oldie but a goodie. Do you have it?

TripletDaddy 04-01-2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 203804)
Instead of "explaining" I should have said "disclosing personal details of my life."

Not sure what you have disclosed that is so personal. You are just sharing the basic details that most everyone else has disclosed at one point or another.....major, maritual status, children, etc.

Are you implying that you do not wish for others to get to know you? Surely this wall you have put up is somewhat of an affront. If you hated this place so much, you would have stopped coming long ago.

You accuse me of being disingenuous, then complain when I exchange basic pleasantries. I can't win, it seems.

MikeWaters 04-01-2008 02:53 AM

this is like the cool kids calling Lingo over to their circle. Lingo can't decide if it is a sign of acceptance, or whether they are just lazy and don't want to cover all that distance before they kick his trash.

8ballrollin 04-01-2008 03:14 AM

Spend some time on xbox live. You'll soon notice the most common phrase used by the 14-25 year old males who inhabit that universe for getting over on another player. It is not "pwnd", but "raped". As in "I raped you" or "I raped your a**." What a moronic thing to say. If you try to point this out to any of them, you'll be called a fag***. Ironic, I know.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on this one and if the next generation is any clue – it's not going away any time soon.

SoCalCoug 04-01-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ballrollin (Post 203843)
Spend some time on xbox live. You'll soon notice the most common phrase used by the 14-25 year old males who inhabit that universe for getting over on another player. It is not "pwnd", but "raped". As in "I raped you" or "I raped your a**." What a moronic thing to say. If you try to point this out to any of them, you'll be called a fag***. Ironic, I know.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on this one and if the next generation is any clue – it's not going away any time soon.

Okay, maybe I'm going to sound like an old guy - I've seen "pwnd" before - what does it mean?

MikeWaters 04-01-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 204075)
Okay, maybe I'm going to sound like an old guy - I've seen "pwnd" before - what does it mean?

It's more appropriate to post this question in the Literae Humaniores forum.

TripletDaddy 04-01-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalCoug (Post 204075)

it means "owned," as in, "you got owned," as in "you were just embarassed/beaten badly...I own you."

The genesis of the intentional misspell "pwnd!" is up for debate, ranging from an innocent typo to a video game glitch.

One theory that I am trying to get started on the internet is that the term is really short for "pawned!," as in "Can I trade my old junk for some cash?...Pawned!" Unfortunately, this version does not allow for much usage in competitions or when trash talking. As you could imagine, my theory has yet to catch on, although I like to think that it is gaining traction.