cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just to clarify some things (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8945)

JohnnyLingo 06-11-2007 08:30 AM

Just to clarify some things

The "Lingo is gay" stuff is offensive to me.

For the record, I'm attracted to women. In fact, I've been married to one for almost two years now. I am not attracted to men in the least.

I know in the past I have played along with the jabs about my sexuality, but that was just to see if doing so would get rid of it. Didn't work.

Ignoring it doesn't diminish it. Playing along doesn't make it come up less.

I've been much more civil here recently and I still get that crap.

Which leads me to believe that the only reason people play the "Lingo is a fag" card is that they are being assholes for the sake of being assholes.

So from now on anyone who goes there has no excuse. You know it offends me. If you choose to label me as a homosexual, you're being a jerk for no reason.

Thanks.

*waits for 23 responses of "Lingo's a fag," combined with a few vaseline references.

MikeWaters 06-11-2007 01:38 PM

Is "up in the air" an ok alternative?

mpfunk 06-11-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 88463)

For the record, I'm attracted to women. In fact, I've been married to one for almost two years now. I am not attracted to men in the least.

I know in the past I have played along with the jabs about my sexuality, but that was just to see if doing so would get rid of it. Didn't work.

Which leads me to believe that the only reason people play the "Lingo is a fag" card is that they are being assholes for the sake of being assholes.

So from now on anyone who goes there has no excuse. You know it offends me. If you choose to label me as a homosexual, you're being a jerk for no reason.

Thanks.

*waits for 23 responses of "Lingo's a fag," combined with a few vaseline references.

You are right you have been more civil here lately. As long as that continues I will not make jokes about you being gay.

All-American 06-11-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpfunk (Post 88555)
You are right you have been more civil here lately. As long as that continues I will not make jokes about you being gay.

I concur.

TheSizzle36 06-11-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 88463)

Thanks.

So NOW Lingo wants to be one of the cool guys...

JohnnyLingo 06-11-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 88826)
So NOW Lingo wants to be one of the cool guys...

No, Sizzle. I don't want to be a member of the crypt. If I ever do you'll be the first to know.

I don't have any agenda beyond what I stated in my post.

Goatnapper'96 06-12-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 88469)
Is "up in the air" an ok alternative?

Now that really made me laugh. Lingo pours his heart out and you give such a cruel response, and God bless you for it!

mpfunk 06-12-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 88990)
Now that really made me laugh. Lingo pours his heart out and you give such a cruel response, and God bless you for it!

There is nothing that can be posted that will make me stop calling Goatnapper gay.

SeattleUte 06-12-2007 10:54 PM

Dear Johnny:

As you mature you may reach a point where you are secure enough in your sexual preference that you care not whether someone calls you gay nor indeed whether they believe you are. I believe that goatnapper, Waters and I have reached this state of exalted inner peace from what I've seen here.

Archaea 06-12-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 89211)
Dear Johnny:

As you mature you may reach a point where you are secure enough in your sexual preference that you care not whether someone calls you gay nor indeed whether they believe you are. I believe that goatnapper, Waters and I have reached this state of exalted inner peace from what I've seen here.

I don't care whether Johnny's gay or not. He can be gay or not, the option's open to him if the universe so wills it.